Welcome to Vodafone Community
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Yes; a couple of miles.
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
Data slow or non-existent: 4G very intermittent even outdoors, generally falling back to 3G which is still very slow (max 0.6 mbps) - currently only 2G ('E') is available i.e. virtually at a standstill!
Same occurs even if phones restarted.
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
6) When did you first notice this issue?
7.30am today. Your network status page does not display any errors.
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Permanent; available data changes intermittently between 2G/3G/4G however data speed on all is largely non-existent and otherwise barely gets above 0.6 mbps even on 4G.
Thanks in advance.
Hey @Darren99 Thanks for getting in touch. I hope you're doing well and having a good week.
I'm sorry that you're having issues with your signal today! I've checked the mast that you're connected to (4179) and there are no issues with the service. You are in an area of patchy coverage though so you may experience some signal issues as a result of that.
You mentioned that this issue started this morning, did you previously have 4G speeds in the range of 3.2 - 49.0 Mbps? Just to check, have you tried resetting the network setting on your phone today to see if that improves the connection?
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. I did try that, no difference. However things seemed to suddenly resolve themselves yesterday mid-afternoon. I now get 4G coverage again consistently, around 5 mbps. Appreciate that the network status did not show an issue however something was definitely wrong yesterday.
Thank you so much for the update @Darren99. This is certainly likely 👍 Typically issues will only show up on the coverage checker if our engineers are not able to sort things out in the area right away. I'm glad to hear things are back up and running for you though.
If you think of anything else you'd like help with, please don't hesitate to drop us another line 😊 You can also reach out to us via social media here