Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calls from S24 connect but then sound.

bodas73
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. Was taking an incoming call today from my wife, I answered but had no sound. I called her back and didn't even hear it ringing but it connected with no sound. Called her via WhatsApp and it worked fine. Tried all the usual suggestions even putting my SIM in my old S8 to the same results. Called my wife when she was at home and could clearly hear my voice on her phone but nothing back to mine. Has anyone else had this before? Only thing I can think is it's a Network issue,  SIM issue or call settings issue on the Vodafone side. I have made no changes to the phone.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @bodas73 

Can you try your sim card in the alternative sim slot to see what happens. 

Also try Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Connections > Reboot your phone. 

Another next option is > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 

You can also run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App. 

If you can try your sim card in another phone and then another sim in your phone as a process of elimination. 

If necessary a Vodafone Highstreet Store can carry out a sim card swap to a blank sim.

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. I will give the second SIM slot a try first. My SIM did not work in my old S8. I have ran s full diagnostic on the phone and it came back clear. 

I will also look into the cache stuff but plan on going into a shop in town after work today to get the SIM checked. I will reset the network also 

AnnS

You have a network issue here @bodas73 and you may find you don't have the same problem in an alternative location.  Follow Vodafone's advise here Network Issues 

As you will have a compatible phone you may also like to consider an eSIM which may solve the issue here eSIM 

Before going to a Vodafone store, try refreshing the network by completing a manual roam this will update the SIM on the network Manual Roam 

It certainly may be a Network issue but I have reset the network settings and no joy. Plus it is also happening in other areas. I can get through to other numbers and receive calls just no sound. Whatsapp is fine. Same issue when the SIM is in my old S8. I still think it's a SIM issue or sone call setting on Vodafone side possibly. Phone was all fine Sunday and then this issue Monday morning.

Thus far nothing has worked but have a couple of things to still try.

Hi @bodas73 Thanks the steps you've taken already taken, we'd be more than happy to look into getting this resolved for you. If the issue is still present after following the steps suggested, drop our team a message on our social channels 👍

Thanks. I am heading into a store now as nothing has worked. Only thing I have not been able try is the cache clearing. 

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I'm confident our store team will be able to help resolve this, but if you find you still need support after don't hesitate to drop us a message on our socials 👍

Hi everyone. Firstly thank you for everyone who offered advice on a fix. I tried all but one but had to go into store in Newcastle. So my issue is apparently currently very common which is strange as there is no information about the problem I could find on Vodafone or the WWW. Anyway it was a SIM issue, it is impacting a fair few customers and has been for a few months. So a known issue and resolved in 1 hour once the new SIM registered. They do not kjow what causes tge problem but a new SIM fixes it. Also as a bonus it seems my connection is much better to the network than before. So all resolved. 

Thanks, I have an identical issue with an S23 Plus. Calls with WhatsApp etc work fine but no sound when connected for calls.