Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 5g in UK

Maldon
3: Seeker

Hi, my phone is 5g enabled and I have a 5g phone plan.  Wherever I go in the Uk, I never have a 5g connection, and I go to lots of places.  I live and work in London but never get connected to 5g.  I know the problem is not my phone or my contract, because when I go abroad I am almost always connected to 5g.

From other posts, it looks like I need my sim to be de-provisioned and re-provisioned by Vodafone, but I don’t want to spend hours on the phone to a call centre going through the motions of restarting my phone etc.  Any ideas how to just get this done please?

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You could try speaking to the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or X. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community/Contact-us-about-account-related-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

You could try speaking to the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or X. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community/Contact-us-about-account-related-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

It would be worth completing the template here Network Issues , this will give the Social Team something to work on regarding your 5G access.  

Your problem may only be due to the amount of available band width.  Take a look at 5G Ultra here 5G Ultra 

@AnnS wrote:

Your problem may only be due to the amount of available band width.

This would exhibit as an available 5G connection, but limited/no data speeds. Not, no 5G access.

It would also be location-dependent.

Maldon

successful outcome!

thanks folks for your replies.  I copied my original post to the social team and, perhaps inevitably, I had to work through the standard flowchart (is your phone updated, where do you live? etc.) but after getting through that, only a day and a half later, they agreed to de-provision and re-provision my account and, bingo! I now have 5g.  I hope someone with the same problem sees this and knows what to ask for.