Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible speed

vcx20
4: Newbie

Hi just hoping someone can look into internet speed issues at ca7 2as it's a 4g mast and until a couple of weeks ago was getting between 25 to 30 mb download speed now I get between 1 to 2 mb download speed that's outside looking at mast as I can see it from where I work all settings on my phone are correct and it's not just me but other people I know where I work also have the same issue I used to stream in films while at work now you can barely load a internet page it's like going back to the old days of g or e network .

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Jason

Hi @vcx20. It's disappointing to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your network connection. We understand how concerning this must be, especially given the sudden speed degradation. I've popped the postcode (CA7 2AS) into our Network Status Checker online and there aren't any network issues or maintenance in the area. As this is the case, I've checked the network site (31191) that this postcode connects to and it's reporting back as expected, with no outages or downtime. 

Given the above, can you please complete these initial network checks and pop the template over to our Social Media team to take a closer look? 

vcx20

Thanks for the reply but it's the reply I expected just because it don't show anything wrong your end I guess that's it .

There ain't anything wrong with my phone or settings the guys who I work with all experience the same issues I have and like I said 3 week ago it was 30mb now it's 2mb download speed so obviously there is something wrong with the mast that ain't showing up your end.

Thanks for your reply but I guess it's back to the stone age for vodafone at ca7 2as

japitts
5: Helper

The serving site there has service from Band-8 900Mhz & Band-20 800Mhz.

It's possible that one band is offline - are you using Android or Apple? Pretty easy to identify the available bands, carriers or EARFCNs using Android.

Using android galaxy s20 5g

Try installing an app such as NetMonitor Lite which would suit this purpose quite well. It will give a readout of the 4G carrier IDs that you're connected to, and which are available on your serving site.

The site in CA7 3xx is equipped with 10Mhz of 4G800 bandwidth using EARFCN (carrier-ID) 6300, and the same amount of 4G900 bandwidth using EARFCN-3624.

Are both in evidence?

I found band 800 and under that arfcn 6300 but couldn't find any other bands and on a strange note I can only come to this forum by activating a vpn it won't load at all if I don't put my vpn on.

vcx20

Also where I live speed test indoors one bar of signal strength 29 mb download where I work 4 bars of signal strength outdoors 1.5 mb download speed both on 4g masts so come on you cannot tell me nothing is wrong even though your system says it's all OK

vcx20

Well this week was a improvement we got between 55mb and 35 mb download unfortunately it only lasted two days before it crashed back down to 1mb but some good news on the vodafone network page they have finally put there is a fault with there network in that area shame it's took nearly 3 weeks to realise this even when they are told there is a problem from someone who uses that mast every day just because the mast shows it's online it don't mean it's working correctly anyways hopefully it gets fixed finally now.