Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't Make Calls, Texts Or go Online In Canterbury CT1 For Over 7 Months

ryancfc8
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I have tried to contact Vodafone about this but, in Canterbury I have been experience a rather odd issue where I can't make calls, send texts or get online, I have tried multiple sim swaps. I have 3 numbers on Vodafone they are all affected, this has been going on for 13 months, spoke to a man at Vodafone's call centre in India who said there is a network problem and won't be fixed until august and if I called through to billing I would get bill credit, I then phone the billing dept, and was told that this was incorrect and I was not allowed bill credit, or to leave my contracted penalty free. This is my second time back on Vodafone, the 1st time I couldn't make or receive calls for a month. 

From Template:

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

CT1 3

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

YES

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Can't text, calls take a long time to connect, can't access the internet 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All 

6) When did you first notice this issue?

7 Months Ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

All The Time

13 REPLIES 13

ryancfc8

As a customer who has 3 lines and spends in excess of £100 a month with Vodafone you would expect Vodafone to go the extra mile but, I was so wrong, 

1) Not Able to make calls send texts or access the internet In A frequently visited place For 7 Months, this issue won't be solved for another 5, 

2) Promised bill credit then told I'm not eligible

3) Defamatory Statement recorded in the notes on my account. 

4) Have Tried Calling Vodafone 6 Times, 3 Online Chats, Posts On This Forum Where I was redirected to social media only to start the merry-go-round again, none of my concerns have been addressed just that there is an issue and that they are working on it. 

I wish I had kept in mind my previous experience where I was unable to call for a month because of Vodafone fault. 

ryancfc8

Update: So I posted a thread to that has been taken down so I will post it here. I asked in one call to be transferred to a call centre based in the uk. Now a "note" has been added to my account apparently. I spend north of £100 per month with Vodafone you would think they would try and offer a decent level of customer service.

I Know how you feel its all smoke and mirrors with vodafone 

what annoys me the most is the lying, the empty promises, the fact there is no authority to use common sense. and constantly repeating myself