Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

G42 - Glasgow

Jambo1872
4: Newbie

Been having issues with the network since approx 15th May. In my work building I’ve always had poor speeds and 2 bars, but I’ve always been able to stream Sky Go/BT/iPlayer etc. I’d even be able to hotspot my iPad for streaming and use my phone for web browsing etc with no issues. 

Since around the 15th of May (i noticed trying to watch the FA cup final) that I can barely watch any live video without constant buffering and signal drops. Loading web pages are slow and laborious. Its now pretty much 1 bar of signal constant with what appears to be frequent connection drops. 

Another byproduct of this poor signal is that its absolutely eating my battery, even for something like Apple Music. 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Indoors.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

G42 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Poor signal - 1 bar of service. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

15th May 2021

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Do you know if your neighbours or visitors also on Vodafone UK are having the same issues  ?

The general area for the first part of your postcode is looking fine however you may want to input your full postcode in the Vodafone status-checker also zooming out to check for surrounds mast issues.

Sometimes mast congestion can play a part too but this wouldn't show on the Service Checker @Jambo1872 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

There was work being done on a nearby mast a couple of weeks ago but I am not sure if it had any relation to the current issues I’m having. 

I also do notice periods of the day when the network is more congested but I don’t think what I am experiencing is congestion. 

Other people are having issues too. 3 people I work with have mentioned (unprompted) that their signal has been poor. Like I say, within the building it has never been great, but always good enough to do what I needed to do whether it be streaming or whatever. 

Just recently any sort of task has been a struggle. I’m actually wondering if the surrounding vegetation has been playing a part with it going from Spring in to Summer. 

BandOfBrothers

Yes tree growth and foliage can play a part.

Also population growth too @Jambo1872 

After a mast has been repaired it can take a short while for the service to stabilise but I wouldn't have though it would be two weeks for this to happen however.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just noticed this is affecting outside the building too. One bar of signal where as it would be three previously. 

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Jambo1872 👋 If you drop us a message over on social media, we can help you take a closer look at the area, as well as run through some troubleshooting to make sure everything is working as it should. If you'd like our help with this, please don't hesitate to reach out here 😊

Thanks Farai. I have now sent a message to the team on messenger. The signal is really poor indoors now. I need to have my phone in a certain position to get it to hold a connection. 

Watching any sort of video is becoming a chore.