Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is EE's 5G interfering with my 4G

C-J-W
4: Newbie

Hi. My broadband speed through my Gigacube 5G (operating on 4G) has always been between around 60-100 Mbps. Having come back from holiday my speed is now around 10-20 Mbps. I've rebooted the cube but no change.  I had an email a couple of days ago to say that 5G is now available in my area through EE so is it just a coincidence that my speed has dropped or is the 5G signal messing up my 4G signal (or is there a problem with the Vodafone mast – no problem shown on signal checker).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Follow this link @C-J-W Network Issues complete the template, copy and paste the results back on the thread, this will give an example of the issue and the locality.  The Social Team will be straight back to you after investigation.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Follow this link @C-J-W Network Issues complete the template, copy and paste the results back on the thread, this will give an example of the issue and the locality.  The Social Team will be straight back to you after investigation.

Network Issue template completed below:

Post Title: OX25 - Bicester

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

At home with Gigacube 5G which is running on 4G until 5G hopefully available in this area.

2) What is the full postcode?

See my profile

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes (iPhone 11)

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors shown just speed has dropped from around 60-100 Mbps to around 10-25 Mbps on MacBook using Speedtest by Ookla. Also same on iPhone 11 using speedtest on My Vodafone app.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

After returning from week's holiday on 27 July

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent?

Permanent

Can I just add that the speeds of 10-25 Mbps were pretty average until a few months ago then I noticed a couple of telecom vans at the mast for two or three days and then found that the speed had jumped up to 60-100 Mbps and was quite often just over 100 Mbps so I assumed that the mast was upgraded then and maybe now has a fault which hasn't been detected but has caused the speed to drop.

The mast is located next to the A41 close to the Kingsmere Park & Ride roundabout in Bicester – what3words location: boxing.expanded.browsers.

Thanks

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @C-J-W! I've checked your postcode and the minimum expected speed for 4G in your area is 3.8 mbps so whilst this reducing down to 10-25 mbps from 60-100 isn't ideal, it doesn't fall under the minimum and doesn't lead me to believe there is an issue in the area. If your speeds drop below 3.8, please pop us a message back and we'd be happy to get a network case raised for you 🙂

Hi, quick update. 
Suddenly today my broadband speed is back with the latest test showing download at 102 Mbps and upload at 25.6 Mbps.
Nothings been done, changed or even rebooted at my end but something’s certainly happened somewhere. Whatever it is I’m happy.