Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ongoing Network Repairs

Stinger1970
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

We have struggled for a good signal ever since Vodafone turned off the 3G. 4G coverage was always poor in our area, and we relied heavily on 3G as a backup. Since early September the masts in Hambleton, Fleetwood, and Scorton have all been having work done on them and it has left us with no coverage at all for a radius of 3 miles from our home. I can only use my phone at home with WIFI calling. I've complained to Vodafone numerous times, but they cannot give me an end date for the repair work, just it's ongoing and will improve the signal to our postcode. 

Has anybody else experienced similar problems, did Vodafone improve the service or are they just saying that as I've threatened to take all 6 lines away and move to another provider? 

6 REPLIES 6

Thomas_H

It's difficult to locate without exact details but I did manage to look up the mast in Fleetwood. I can see the maintenance has been ongoing since July and is under Telefonica (O2) we share maintenance with each others network. It appears there is work being carried out on the 18th October hopefully that may mean the site is finally functional for you. 

Thanks for the reply, how have you managed to find that out? I hope it does work come the 18th, i think it’s the Hambleton mast which is nearest to me. 
Thanks

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Stinger1970 You can look at the details of all kinds of repairs etc on this interactive map.

https://one.network/

@Cynric wrote:

@Stinger1970 You can look at the details of all kinds of repairs etc on this interactive map.

https://one.network/

That covers works by any company or organisation that includes highway-affecting closures. Build works, tower swaps and similar bits - these can require traffic management and/or road closures.

It's not the same as service-affecting works where telecoms operators are working on their equipment without needing highway permits or suchlike.

Cynric

@japitts It was worth a try. As I don't know what your location is it was just a suggestion.

japitts
8: Helper
8: Helper

On the one hand, no operator will guarantee a fault-free service 24/7/365

On the other, all service-affecting works will have a change request covering the outage. Although the change window often includes some contingency & allowance-for-slippage and is thus not guaranteed either way.... there will be a "planned end" to the outage.

That should be visible to CS.