Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Signal - TS5

pbear9990
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Signal strength is 1 (max 2) bar on three separate phones we are trying to use in TS5 (indoor and outdoor). Telephone calls keep being dropped. Online network checker indicates signal strength is currently good. Vodaphone customer support could not identify the problem. Problem has been ongoing to close to 1 month.

I see from other posts that this scenario is not new, and has been around for some time in numerous areas.

Is changing network provider the only solution?

6 REPLIES 6

Janey

Hi @pbear9990 Thanks for your message, it's important you're getting the most out of your connection so we'd love to help! Please could you try the steps here? If you still need help, please pop our team a message on our socials here and we'll take a closer look.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. All of the advised steps have been tried and discussed with Vodafone customer support. Unfortunately, none have resolved the problem.

marziies
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Same here but different addresses, my area says I should be getting good 5g indoors and outdoors but only been getting 1 bar 4g indoors and at times even 3g and edge! Vodafone should fix their coverage check to be honest as it’s the same at other places too.

It would seem that the network checker is not foolproof. We are still getting a single bar on our phones and Vodafone have been of little assistance. We are now looking to migrate our numbers to another network.

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Living and working on Teesside I spend an inordinate amount of time in this postcode, including having to teleconference from my vehicle - and I cannot recall having problems in this area.  Stick me about 10 miles west of the A1M and the signal is usually bad, people are few and between, and the only company you can find are the sheep.
The sheep up here are far less suicidal than those in the midlands!

@CrimsonLiar wrote:

Living and working on Teesside I spend an inordinate amount of time in this postcode, including having to teleconference from my vehicle - and I cannot recall having problems in this area.  Stick me about 10 miles west of the A1M and the signal is usually bad, people are few and between, and the only company you can find are the sheep.
The sheep up here are far less suicidal than those in the midlands!

Hi

I have contacted Vodafone a few times. Once I was told there was an issue with a local mast. On another occasion I was told there was no issue with the mast. So not sure as to the current situation with local hardware.