Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal & Barns Green Mast

scgconsultants
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Hopefully you can help, over the years I have purchased 4 sure signal devices. My fourth one is dying it seems I have reported it twice in the last few days. The support team have been helpful but it works for a little while and stops again. We have in Barns Green, West Sussex a 4G Mast sitting line of sight from me about 800m it been there for two years but as far as I can tell from the land owner Sumners Ponds and pretty much everyone in Barns Green its not switch ON!

Mobile Mast 20920 - barns green

https://www.mastdata.com/0/address/address.aspx?AdID=167069

Could you give me an update on what's happening, I would really like to get rid of the Sure Signal.

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @scgconsultants 

Do these links help ?

Vodafone status-checker. 

Using-phone-that-doesn-t-support-all-4G-bands  > https://www.cellmapper.net/map 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll research it!

Update on the Mast would be great.

As for the sure signal, vodafone have now done a full factory reset and it's working at the moment. But the local area like me would like to see our mast live!

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Vodafone mast (or O2 mast) in your area or where you suggested...

If it was there, it looks like it was decommisioned. The owner of the land should know if it's broadcasting or not, as Vodafone will have an agreement with the owners of the land!

Your nearest mast is an EE 4G+ one at Sharpenhurst Hill.

Hi

Thanks for this , really odd. Mast sitting there powered up producing no signal to anyone. I will share this with the land owner.

Maybe everyone has lost interest in this mast

S

Hi @scgconsultants We'll be happy to take a look into this for you. So we can check your local coverage and the mast covering you, please confirm your full postcode. If you'd prefer to share this privately, pop it on your profile, where only yourself and the Community moderators will be able ot view it.

Thanks

The mast is on Sumners Ponds land / Farm + Fishing etc

https://www.sumnersponds.co.uk/

It's been there for around 3 years, last worked on by install engineers February 2019, it seems to be powered up but produces no signal at all.

Land owners get paided for it.

Post Code is :

Sumners Ponds Fishery and Campsite, Chapel Road, Barns Green. Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0PR

Mast is about 400m from the main road.

Any helps would be great I know the land owber well, they have been trying to get the bottom of this for months.

Many Thanks

Please find some photos of the mast.
It doesn't look finished to me, the grey main cabinet is powered up you can hear the fans running. The antennas (3off) are connected to the base units, but these don't seem to be connected anywhere.

Last visit from anyone was Feb 2019.

Hope this helps

It's an O2 / Vodefone Mast

There is no radio and baseband cabinet installed at that site; the shiny box is just a dummy. 

It needs a lot of work before it can go live unfortunately.