main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Terrible signal at STANSTED AIRPORT

3: Seeker

I agree with this, the reception and speed are diabolical. 

Vodafone need to add capacity and increase coverage. 

What at an embarrassing way for people who come to the U.K to start their holiday. 

I was was there recently to pick up family members, their flight was delayed and I really wanted to watch sky go but couldn’t because I either had no signal or when I did it was too slow. 

Please, please sort this out Vodafone. 

Im guessing your senior colleagues don’t use stanstead as I’m sure if they did it wouldn’t be like this. 

View more options
1: Seeker

I travel trough stansted twice a month for last 6 years.... in the last 2 yrs I’ve noticed it’s just a black hole for Vodafone..... I sit there with my pint watching thousands of people enjoying the wonders of the internet and I can get no data,  most of the time I can’t even join the Stansted free WiFi,  I am switching if it’s not looked at soon.

View more options

It continues to be totally rubbish for data at stansted... last miserable experience yesterday.  My phone works fine everywhere else.  I actually get a bit of data when I get on the plane....

you may see things working ok in terms of your transmitters.... but perhaps something is interfering or causing a very dark shadow there...?

View more options
4: Newbie

Yes, agreed, no change yet again when I was there last week.

Anyone out there?? Or just shirking..

My guess is the latter.

View more options
2: Seeker

I have just left Vodafone because of this issue. 

If you're still with vodafone a useful work around is to disable 4g on your phone and go through 3g - it works a little better

View more options

Sorry you're having some signal issues @Mintpenguin.

Do you pass through this airport on a regular basis?  Perhaps you could help us by using the Network Guarantee feature of our My Vodafone app to feed back on the issue. You can get the app app here:  http://vdfn.co/eq9a8

Blair 

View more options

I would assume this is a wasted exercise, i used this feature every week for 4 weeks during Nov and Dec last year and it seems to have achieved nothing. Vodafone have been made fully aware of this but do nothing to resolve.

View more options

Yes.... I go in and out of stansted every month on average, so can easily do that.  Would be nice to get it sorted.  I’ve often been there and called 151 and they keep saying it’s an issue with my phone..... but it’s only an issue THERE..!! Lol

View more options

Hi all, I wanted to provide an update regarding our service in this area.

Our Engineers are aware of the issues that you've raised with us and there are current plans that have been arranged to help improve the network in this area. While we're unable to provide a timescale on when this will be resolved, any updates or future improvements will show on our network status checker.

View more options

Hi,

thanks for the update. I have however just checked and according to the status checker Stanstead airport currently has perfect reception inside and out which we all know it currently doesnt. Therefore we cannot check updated status using this tool

View more options

You're welcome! I understand what you're saying. As soon as there’s a confirmed date for anymore updates and maintenance to the area, it’ll show on our network status checker. 

View more options

I empathise with most of the posts, signals at Stansted airport right from terminal concourse to inside building wall signal penetration to runways/taxiways is an absolute disaster. I hope Vodafone will take note of it and help improve the situation. 

View more options

Just passed through stanstead and tried to run the network satisfaction data speed test in the app and it was unable to even make a connection on the 4G. Surely a Vodafone engineer could attend the site and diagnose the issue when there is such volume of complaints on this thread?

View more options

That’s the exact same problem I have. Can only submit using the app once you have left the airport. I think Vodafone just don’t care. Not enough of an annoyance for them. 

View more options

For all those interested in this. Currently sat in Stansread airport and responding to this on 4g. It’s not the fastest but it is at least working which is a start.

View more options

That's great news @Combo! Thanks for the update 👍

View more options

@Combo

Is that a new development (due to improvements in the signal distribution etc.), or did you just get lucky?

Once in a blue moon the 4G works, but then just stops after 2 or 3 minutes and you have to  turn your data off and back on again to re-connect - only for it to drop out again.

It would be good to know is anything concrete has actually been adjusted?

Thanks.

View more options

That’s a good question. It’s been working the last few hours here but it’s still not great. Mostly just 3g, struggles to get 4g and needs speeding up as slow but at least there is a signal. I am in and out of here for the next few weeks so may feed back

View more options

I’m here now and it seems to be working fine..... first time this year for me and I pass through every month.

View more options

@Mintpenguin This is great to hear, thanks for taking the time to let us know 😊

View more options