Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible signal at STANSTED AIRPORT

Rye1
4: Newbie

Can anyone shed any light on the absolutely awful signal for both data and calls at Stansted Airport?

H and 4G signal shows up, as do 3 bars in the phone reception, but calls are almost impossible, and any data usage is either non-existant (usually the case) or so bad that you just have to give up.

I'm especially griped as I tested the signal last year before going full time Vodafone (using my 1 month trial period) the signal worked fine so I signed up on a contract. I also got my other half to change from EE only to find that now the signal(s) are so atrocious as to be worthless. I had been on Three with similar problems (signal showing as available but unusable data) and really liked the Vod package, but I may have to go back to EE as it is so bad and I use the airport frequently..  :Sad_face:

Any ideas if this is temporary (going on for 6 months now) or simply lack of bandwidth/EU travelers roaming/network blocking?

The Stansted official wifi (run by Virgin) is hellish too as browsers won't allow connection and email servers simply block everything...

Thanks if anyone has any insights as it's a massive pain!

65 REPLIES 65

I would assume this is a wasted exercise, i used this feature every week for 4 weeks during Nov and Dec last year and it seems to have achieved nothing. Vodafone have been made fully aware of this but do nothing to resolve.

Yes.... I go in and out of stansted every month on average, so can easily do that.  Would be nice to get it sorted.  I’ve often been there and called 151 and they keep saying it’s an issue with my phone..... but it’s only an issue THERE..!! Lol

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, I wanted to provide an update regarding our service in this area.

Our Engineers are aware of the issues that you've raised with us and there are current plans that have been arranged to help improve the network in this area. While we're unable to provide a timescale on when this will be resolved, any updates or future improvements will show on our network status checker.

Hi,

thanks for the update. I have however just checked and according to the status checker Stanstead airport currently has perfect reception inside and out which we all know it currently doesnt. Therefore we cannot check updated status using this tool

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're welcome! I understand what you're saying. As soon as there’s a confirmed date for anymore updates and maintenance to the area, it’ll show on our network status checker. 

I empathise with most of the posts, signals at Stansted airport right from terminal concourse to inside building wall signal penetration to runways/taxiways is an absolute disaster. I hope Vodafone will take note of it and help improve the situation. 

Just passed through stanstead and tried to run the network satisfaction data speed test in the app and it was unable to even make a connection on the 4G. Surely a Vodafone engineer could attend the site and diagnose the issue when there is such volume of complaints on this thread?

That’s the exact same problem I have. Can only submit using the app once you have left the airport. I think Vodafone just don’t care. Not enough of an annoyance for them. 

For all those interested in this. Currently sat in Stansread airport and responding to this on 4g. It’s not the fastest but it is at least working which is a start.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great news @Combo! Thanks for the update 👍