Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unblock safe domain from Securenet, please

jptejela
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello!

Two of our domains are been blocked by Vodafone's Securenet system. The affected domains are part of an online tool to manage social networks. Domains are shorteners that are used to track links that users share on their social networks. We understand that from time to time, these domains have been used to share a link to a fraudulent website, but we always work actively to eliminate shortened links that can redirect to malware or phishing pages. I understand that the objective of Securenet would be to block the final pages but that by mistake it has blocked the shortener.

We have more than 1 million users on our platform and it would be necessary to remove the block to these two domains so that users of the platform who become a legitimate user can continue using the service without problem. The affected domains are:

mtr.cool
mtr.bio

An example link would be:

https://mtr.bio/metricool

Thank you for your assistance.

36 REPLIES 36

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jptejela - thanks for posting. I've requested this to be reclassified under reference INC000004821061. One of us will let you know when we've a reply. 

Hello @Gemma. Do we have any update on the reclassification of domains?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jptejela - I'm sorry for the delay in updating you on this. We've been advised there's no Secure Net block and we're now reviewing the DNS side. One of us will post back as soon as we've another update. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jptejela - thanks for your patience again. We've had an update to say we're not blocking the domains you've given, on our RPZ blocklist. Please can you share an example of any errors or what's happening? 

Hello!

Yes, when a securenet users access this link: http://mtr.bio/metricool

They get:

jptejela_1-1677087270100.png

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for providing this information @jptejela. I've raised a new case regarding this for you (Ref: INC000004825760). When we receive an update regarding this, we'll be in touch here.

Hello Mark. Do you have any update?

Thank you for your help.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jptejela! We don't have an update at the moment. Once we do, we'll let you know here 🙂

Hey @jptejela I hope you're doing well! The site has now been reclassified as 'Computing'. Please allow 24 hours for the changes to take effect and then test the access again.