Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Uplink aggregation on B1+B20 4G sites

kocz
4: Newbie

My local mast provides B1@10MHz and B20@10MHz, so each band can provide roughly ~30Mbps upload, which is what I typically get. On Sunday I noticed my upload speeds had doubled, measuring an upload speed of over 60Mbps, something I've never seen happen before. I checked the connection stats and can confirm I was connected to the same mast/cells/bands as always, not an alternative site. This boost in upload speed lasted for about 24 hours, before returning back to 30Mbps - and has since never returned.

Is this normal or abnormal behaviour? Was this likely some configuration error at the mast, which has since been rolled back? And is there any way for me to attain these upload speeds again? Reason I ask is I use 4G as my primary source of internet, and I do quite a bit of uploading.

2 REPLIES 2

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kocz - we can take a closer look at your local serving site to see if there have been any known updates or work taking place.

So that we can do this, please can you add your postcode to your profile within your ‘Personal Settings’?

You can also check for any maintenance taking place and what coverage/data speeds to expect where you are, through our Network Status Checker.

Done, but mast VF internal reference is 81175, eNB is 501368.