Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone intermittently blocking client's website

noah-TiF
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

A client's site is having issues for those using Vodafone as an ISP - it intermittently throws the error that 'Your connection is not private'. The site is correctly secured with HTTPS and SSL.
This error has only been reported by those using the Vodafone network.

Site:
https://www.tfs.co.uk/

Screenshot:

IMG_2965.PNG

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Charlotte

Hello, @noah-TiF. I hope you're well. 

I understand that your client's site is being blocked and we can certainly look into this. Do you know if the Vodafone users have Secure Net or their Content Controls enabled? 

Hello,

I do not know whether the users have Secure Net or CC enabled- I would imagine it's a mixed bag, as we've had reports from many different customers over the weeks.

Okay, no worries. I've requested for this to be reviewed by our support team for reclassification. This has been logged under the reference INC000005226876 and once there's an update, we'll let you know. 

Thank you.

Hey @noah-TiF This site has now been reclassified. Please clear the cache and cookies and try again. It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to settle. 

Hi Effie,

Thanks for your response. We've waited over a week, but unfortunately the issue is persisting - screenshots attached.

IMG_3581.PNGIMG_3579.PNG

It's disappointing to see that you're still experiencing an issue with this @noah-TiF. I've tested this on my Vodafone UK mobile and I've experienced no issues accessing the site. From your latest screenshot, it looks like the URL in question isn't be blocked by Vodafone UK, it's being blocked in Madrid, Spain. Our Network team here at Vodafone UK have confirmed the URL has been reclassified for those connecting to our network here in the UK - this isn't universal across the world. To move forward, we would advise reaching out to Vodafone Spain

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your response - unfortunately the issue is still persisting.
I can't figure out why Vodafone Spain would be involved; I realise in the provided screenshots, the issuing is based in Spain. However, both our servers and our client are located in the UK. I've confirmed that the client is not using a VPN or any bridging that might route connections through a Spanish server. Could this possibly be to do with security issuance from a third party that you use?

Thanks for getting back to us @noah-TiF. Can you please confirm if this is happening over Vodafone UK network, and if so, is Vodafone Secure Net or any Content Controls active? Please also provide an up to date screenshot of the error message displayed and re-confirm the URL effected.