Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WR11 - Evesham - Slow mobile network data

richardhuish
4: Newbie

Experiencing consistent slow mobile data download and upload speeds south of Evesham, is there a possible oversubscription or/and network congestion on our local masts/network?

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain services: I haven't driven and stopped every 500 metres to do a test so cannot answer this. Tested earlier today in Worcester and was receiving 80mbps download and 20mbps up. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

WR11 1FN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

E-sim, cannot test on separate device. But device is able to obtain over 80 megabytes per second in other 4G areas, suggesting it's the local internet connection rather than my device.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

3.5mbps download.  2.8mbps upload speed. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G inside with strong signal, see attached screenshot.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Months ago 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for providing your results to our template @richardhuish and I'm sorry to see this has been ongoing for sometime with your 4G.

I've checked your area and can see you should be getting a reliable connection, although this does look to be patchy when travelling to nearby areas outside of your postcode. Your site (88289) does have a number of planned improvements over the next 3 weeks or so, which may help to improve the speeds you're currently receiving at home. I'd advise monitoring our network status checker during this time and should you find things haven't improved for you following the work we'll be carrying out (until around mid-May), please let us know and we can check the status on our improvements or if there have been any delays.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Everything looks to be fine when keying your postcode into the Vodafone status-checker and zooming in and out.

This could be mast congestion but that does not show up on the Status Checker and typically clears up on it's own or after reboot by turning the phone Off and On @richardhuish 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Turned off and on again, current speeds right this moment is 0.5mbps down 3,5mbps up.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for providing your results to our template @richardhuish and I'm sorry to see this has been ongoing for sometime with your 4G.

I've checked your area and can see you should be getting a reliable connection, although this does look to be patchy when travelling to nearby areas outside of your postcode. Your site (88289) does have a number of planned improvements over the next 3 weeks or so, which may help to improve the speeds you're currently receiving at home. I'd advise monitoring our network status checker during this time and should you find things haven't improved for you following the work we'll be carrying out (until around mid-May), please let us know and we can check the status on our improvements or if there have been any delays.