Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whitelist Domain from Vodafone Content Control

matthallett
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there

Some Vodafone users are having issues accessing my company's website. 

From our own testing and from speaking to Vodafone live chat, I believe it's to do with security/parental controls. However there is no reason why our website should be blocked or have restricted access. Please can you ask your relevant team to unblock/whitelist our URL?

URL: donate.giveasyoulive.com (I believe it's specifically this sub-domain we're having issues with, but if any other subdomains are blacklisted/restricted, please can they also be removed?)

Thanks

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @matthallett! Apologies for the delay, we've received an update that this was reclassified yesterday for you. Please allow 36 hours for the changes to reflect and if anyone is still having issues after this, please ask them to clear their cache and cookies. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know 🙂

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Steph

Hi @matthallett I hope you're doing well 😊 I can certainly get this raised for you. So I can do that could you please answer the following questions for me:

- Is this issue seen on Vodafone broadband, mobile data or both?

- Do all users affected have content controls active?

- Do the users affected have SecureNet active?

- Do you have a screenshot of the error message received when the affected users try to access the page?

Hi Steph

We're aware of it happening on mobile data. 

One of my colleagues (who is on Vodafone) did some testing with her settings and was able to replicate by changing her parental controls.

Error screen - I did have a screenshot but can't find it! What it did show though was a browser error r.e. security certificates. From previous experience, this is because the URL of Vodafone's security page didn't match the URL for our site (which our HTTPS security certificate is tied to), so the user doesn't actually see a Vodafone or SecureNet message but a generic browser error which obviously isn't very helpful!

Thanks

Matt  

Thanks for confirming that information for me @matthallett I've raised this case to the team now and as soon as we have an update for you, we'll let you know on this thread 🙂

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @matthallett! Apologies for the delay, we've received an update that this was reclassified yesterday for you. Please allow 36 hours for the changes to reflect and if anyone is still having issues after this, please ask them to clear their cache and cookies. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know 🙂