cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A bit of nostalgia.. phones you're still fond of from years gone by?

redpages
17: Community Champion

Considering they've now got a social discussion area on the forum figured I might try and start a thread :Smiling:

What old phones do you still have a soft spot for even if you wouldn't be seen dead carrying them down the street anymore?

Sharp GX 25 is still a favourite of mine from late 2004 back when Vodafone still carried Sharp as a manufacturer. There was also a red limited addition Ferarri version. Really sturdy and reliable phone but you had to live with just 3MB internal memory at the time - almost unheard of now. There were lots of shoddy flip phones on the market back then where the connectors weren't secure and the screen would often die a death and lose contact with the battery and keypad - this one never failed

Next up the Sony Ericsson W900i walkman phone. I remember having the white version of this towards the end of 2005, mainly because of the huge amount of internal memory it carried at the time - just short of 500MB with a card slot taking it up to 4GB. Certainly the top Ericsson walkman phone at one point and a bit different with the 'swivel' flip screen. Had Mobile TV as a subscription on my contract with this one (around the time of the big 3G push) although looking back it never really did take off.

Any other mobile memories out there?

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

41 REPLIES 41

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I had a W900i! In fact, I won it in a competition during my first ever week of work at Vodafone! The sword sound effect when it opened up provided endless hours of entertainment. Small things amuse and all that!

As for other phones, my mum still has one of these at home:

It's a Motorola TAC Duo, an analogue phone from 1995, which was on Vodafone :Laughing_Face:

I've not tried to turn it on in about six years, so I don't know if it still works, but what a brick!

My first phone was a Philips PH301, I then went onto a Nokia 8210 which is still one of my all-time favourites. After that, I had a Sony Z7 which is my second favourite phone ever, I loved the table football game on it! I then went through a long Sony Ericsson phase, plus a couple of Motorolas, a Samsung and a HTC, but it's still the Z7 I remember the best :Smiling:

Tom

The phone I have the fondest memories of The Siemens C35

This was my first ever phone and I loved it. The battery would last nearly a week and I never once had any problems with it. I think I may still have it at home in a cupboard or in the attic somewhere. Might even start using it again :smileyvery-happy:

George

eForum Team

My Motorola v525 powered by Vodafone D2 in Germany. Felt really cool with it...

Sorry can't add a picture. Something needs to be installed on my computer in order to get the upload picture function working.

You can link to an image too:

search google and find an image, Goto insert/edit image --> from another site --> then add the url

Like this:

Anyone remember this the infamous 8110's???

DPH
14: Advanced member

I have recently been having a major sort out whilst renovating my house and uncovered loads of old phones from over the years -

Nokia 3110

Nokia_3110.jpg

Nokia 5110

5110.jpg

Nokia 3310

nokia3310.jpg

Nokia 3210

nokia_3210.jpg

Sharp GX-10

sharp-gx10.jpg

Motorola E1000

motorola_e1000.jpg

Motorola V3X

v3x.jpg

Nokia 6600

nokia6600.jpg

I loved the 6600 - the battery lasted an eternity and never had any problems with it at all.  When it was "retired" it became my first ever sat nav using TomTom Mobile and linked via bluetooth to a GPS receiver. 

I'm showing my age here I think with this nostalgic view going back to the mid 90s.  The 3110 held 15 text messages before the envelope started flashing and you had to delete them, a far cry from my N95 8GB which has over 400 jokes in a folder at the moment :smileyvery-happy:.

^ Wow:smileysurprised:!!!

The good old 6600, Still got it. It was my second Symbian phone. My first Symbian phone was the Tomb Raider one:

NK-7650.jpg

I had a love/hate relationship with that monster. :smileytongue:

After the 6600 I then got one of these:

nokia_6670.jpg

And I hated it with a passion eventually. I took out a second contract to get rid of it and got one of these beauties:

nokia-n73.jpg

Probably one of Nokia's finest. I was sorry to see it go when I traded it in for my current handset, the N900.

But prior to getting the N900 I was using one of these:

N95_8GB.jpg

Which I still have and use as an emergency handset, which is very rarely.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Once in a while I drift in time. To a place in my memory where it still hurts to find
I was takin' on the World with a see through smile. But dyin' on the inside all the while
I was dyin' on the inside all the while.

DPH
The N95 8GB is still my main phone, had it just over 3 years and it's still working perfectly. Haven't seen anything else I fancy yet so won't upgrade it until something comes along that is bug free and a great performer.

Nabs

The old Nokia 3410! First phone and the one that lasted me longest, I still have it in a cupboard somewhere, should dig it out see if it still works!