Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Accessing The eForum

bolo
12: Established

In order to access my account, I have had to change my password on numerous occasions over the past week. Is there any way that I can stay logged in or stop having to change my password? I have no problems accessing my account on any other site and am a bit sick of keying in 8 digit codes sent to my landline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

When you log in to the eForum there is a little tick box that says "Remember me". Make sure you put a tick in the box.

It won't bypass the login screen but it will repopulate the text fields for you, so you just hit the login button.

Screenshot_2016-01-10-11-49-41.png

TSD. :smileywink:

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers

Hi @bolo

A person does not use the security verification for the eforum as that's for your access to your mobile phone contract. 

Your Password for the eforum shouldn't need changing unless you decide to in your eforum settings. 

Afrer a period of inactivity on the eforum which is around 2 hours the system automatically logs you out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thesoupdragon

When you log in to the eForum there is a little tick box that says "Remember me". Make sure you put a tick in the box.

It won't bypass the login screen but it will repopulate the text fields for you, so you just hit the login button.

Screenshot_2016-01-10-11-49-41.png

TSD. :smileywink:

Thanks guys, didn't notice that there were 2 log-in areas on the page, the account  and the eforum, and filled in whichever I saw first. Hence I kept getting a "safari can't access the page, too many redirects" followed by the "which phone number to send the code to". I don't think that I am the first person to be caught out that way. 

Now on to try to get into my account for the umpteenth time.

bolo

Read the last reply as umpteenth + 5 and I still can't get in to my account. Add to that my vile does not have a valid extension to post a pic and there's no better excuse for an early dram.:smileylol:

BandOfBrothers

@bolo wrote:

Read the last reply as umpteenth + 5 and I still can't get in to my account. Add to that my vile does not have a valid extension to post a pic and there's no better excuse for an early dram.:smileylol:

Sometimes a picture can be too large to add to the eforum. 

The maximum file size is 1,000K.

If so try a smaller sized picture and it change the picture from Full Size to Medium Size via the options in the pop up box.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just to add onto @BandOfBrothers Point about file size...

When you are new to the forum picture uploads have to be vetted by the moderators before they can be viewed by everyone. This can range from a few minutes to several hours at busy times.

Sorry you've had problems logging in. 

TSD.

There we go! With 2 log-ins available, It was so easy to try to log in to the wrong place.

image.jpeg

thesoupdragon

Hi bolo,

I agree, I can see exactly how someone new to the site could get confused.

I'll flag this as something to look at. 😉

Perhaps the lower button should say; "eForum sign in" ?

What do you think? How would you make them different?

TSD.

I would prefer to log into the Vodafone site and then choose from a list , "My Account", "eforum" and so on, or from tabs similar to those here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

So much easier and only 1 log in area.