Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Air Pods

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

This week I've finally got hold of some Air Pods. Actually they were bought for me by my children for my birthday last month but there was a lead time of a few weeks from when they were ordered.

Having used them for a couple of days with my iPhone I have to say I am very pleased with them. They do look a bit silly but I don't have to look at myself so that's not a problem. 

They are held in a case that looks a lot like a container for tooth floss. The box is also the charger and takes an Apple Lightning cable to charge it up. The first time you take them out a message pops up on the phone asking if you want to pair them. They are then automatically paired with any device using the same Apple ID - i.e. my MacBook and iMac.

As soon as I take them out of the holder and pop them in my ears they are connected to the phone. If I'm listening to something, it auto pauses if I take one pod out of an ear.

The fear is that they'll fall out. They seem to sit quite firmly in my ears and I don't feel at all concerned that one will fall out.

Overall, I'm delighted with them.

Anyone else on the forum got Air Pods? If so what do you think of them?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

3 REPLIES 3

thesoupdragon
Nice one @jeffkinn

I assume they have a microphone built in for phone conversations? If so is that automatic or is there a button etc...?
What distance do they connect over?

I'm very impressed about the auto pause feature, they is really clever!

I look forward to hearing more about them and the uses you have for them...

TSD.

jeffkinn

@thesoupdragon Yes they support both phone calls and Siri.

A quick double tap on the side of one of the pods activates Siri and answers a phone call.

I'll test the distance and report back tonight.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn

I tested the airpods with a phone call today and it worked fine. The person on the other end said he could hear me without a problem.

I also walked around the house with the phone being left in the lounge. While not a castle, it isn't a small house and I could move more or less anywhere and maintain connection to the phone so I would say that the range is 30 feet or more depending on walls, floors etc. More than enough for any normal user I would imagine.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png