Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blsck screen

JimHav
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Galaxy Tab A4 suddenly turns itself off or rather the screen simply goes black and no amount of pushing buttons will revive it.  When I press the on button after about 15mins the screen returns to the page I was last visiting/reading.

The Tab is less than a month old so I think that I will have to take it back to the Vodaphone store but even this is a hassle.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to get into the settings to factory reset it @JimHav  ?

This will however delete your information.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the device.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store would send it away so if you decide that route I'd suggest to take time and date stamped pictures of the device with one of it turned On.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JimHav 

If the tab is turning itself off the way you are describing the problem, it sounds like a motherboard fault.

You are just within the 30 day return period offered by Vodafone at the moment, take the tab back to the point of sale, they should replace the device and 'burn' anything you have downloaded or installed.

Thank you community for your responses and I took the advice of visiting the Walworth Road (London) store with my device yesterday and requested a replacment.

Not very helpful as:

(1) they had no stock 

(2) the 30 period had expired by a few hours

(3) they didn't seem to bothered and I felt as if I was at fault

(4) the store 'manager' was aloof and advised the lady dealing with me that I should do a factory reset and if that didn't cure the Black Screen issue then I could return the Tablet for them to send for investigation / repair

(5) didn't seem too interested that this is the second device with the same fault even advising that Samsung were replacing this model (is this becuase of an inherent manufacturing failure or simply model upgrades?).

All-in-all a very poor service and having received two suspect devices leads me to consider not staying with Vodafone when thecontract expires and never buying a Galaxy A4 Tab again!

BandOfBrothers

@JimHav 

(2) the 30 period had expired by a few hours "

Exactly how many hours long after the 30 days cooling off period as we speaking about here ?  If only a few then that could sound harsh  !

Vodafone systems I assume would kick in automatically and would only offer a repair after the 30th day.

I would still suggest to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre as they know their products better than a repair centre.

Current Phone  >

Thank you for the response and the advice which I will seriously consider should the Tablet decide to black screen again .  I would go today but I am flying to Belfast this evening so time is tight but here's hoping that the factorty reset cures the problem.

PS:  It was a harsh decision by the store 'manager' as it doesn't affect his sales but he was quite aloof and not very customer friendly.

BandOfBrothers

You're  very welcome @JimHav 

Glad my suggestion to try a Factory reset helped.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >