Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaint about an idiot at Vodafonoe

JamiePa
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So ive been trying to contact Vodafone to ask a simple question about whether a phone is in stock or not.

I eventually get through around 5pm to a store in MetroCentre Newcastle (number ending in 251), he picks up, i start my question and he releases the call!! I thought it must've got cut off and tried again, this time round he puts me on hold the prat!!

Thinking to try once again and no one picks up the call again.

What an idiot! No wonder there is terrible reputation for voda employees when you have prats like this guy.

I wont be pursuing with voda anymore but maybe you ought to have that guys head examined!

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

That's strange @JamiePa stores don't usually have store phones to handle customer enquiries, store staff are there to serve customers in store.  If you were in a store being served and the assistant went off to answer the phone, you might find it extremely rude and annoying if you were in the middle of being advised on a new phone and plan.  Not sure of the store opening hours, but it was likely the store was dealing with the last customers of the day before closing and just did not have the time to take your call.

You could easily have found this answer for yourself online by selecting the phone of your choice and clicking on check store stock, this would have given you the answer you needed and saved you the time of trying to contact a busy store.

@AnnS

Did you read my post? I don't think any point you make had an validity to it.

I received the contact number from your sales team. I even wrote he picked up and what I forgot to mention was I asked if it was Vodafone, he says yes I ask my question he releases the call.

If he was assisting someone, why did he pick up answer my first question, listen to half the question and then release?

When he put me on hold the second time doesn't it make sense and good manners to explain he's with another customer and ask if he could put me on hold? Or even could he call me back?

Finally, are you seriously a Vodafone employee? [Removed] as if you checked the site you would have known the phone I was after (and buying it outright) says to contact the store to check for stock.

[Removed]

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

AnnS

@JamiePa 

Really can't imagine the reason you consider I am a Vodafone employee, I can assure you I am not. 

Store numbers are not advertised because they are not for customer contact and you shouldn't have been provided with the number. Stores are busy enough, even more so at this time of year, they can't stop dealing with an instore customer just to answer the telephone for a simple enquiry about store stock and you have been directed to the website to check store for stock by the advisor.

I trust that deals with your rude reply.  

Again perhaps your having trouble understanding English but the website states contact the store. I contact Vodafone as directed and Vodafone staff give me the number. The site states to contact the store (hello.... Please re-read what I wrote)

I don't understand why they would pick up if they're busy.

AnnS

Don't accuse me of not understanding English @JamiePa , neither do you insult the store staff by calling the staff idiots.  It's obvious you are only here for an argument.

If you click on the phone you are wanting to pay as an outright purchase from Evo here: Evo you will see 'Pay for your device in one go: Visit us in store for more information and full terms and conditions'  You should never have been given a store telephone number by Customer Services.

Hi @JamiePa, it doesn't sound like you've had the best experience trying to contact your local store. As @AnnS has said, it's very strange for our sales team to be giving out the individual store numbers. If you're wondering about the stock in a store before placing an order, we would recommend that you speak with our sales team on live chat. The team can place a order for you with the option of collecting in store, if the device is not available, we can also deliver to the store when we receive stock at the warehouse. If you've already placed an order and you're needing an update, drop us a message over Twitter or Facebook. The contact details can be found here

@AnnS [Removed]

I was given a number by one of the idiots at Voda so i called. He encouraged me to call after speaking to him and said the website isnt the best place for this as its usually far behind. Again manners from them would have helped regardless.

There is a reason why everyone is saying having to deal with voda staff is farce. Just google around you will see for yourself so clearly im not the only one.

@MarkD

Correct not the best experience i have had with Voda but i stand by what i said i was provided the number to call. Regardless of what your policies are if a staff has picked up a call from a potential customer they should have the courtesy to address that call professionally.

Either way i wont go to Voda any further and will find the same deal elsewhere as a lot of outlets are price matching. Luckily i experienced this first hand and have made my decision.

We can consider this matter closed

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]