Ask

Solution

Credit default deactivated after 6 years

leonialex
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello

my mobile account went in default in 2014/2015, this dropped off in 2020/2021

this has now been redefaulted with a new date of 2022, this should never be redefaulted and this will prevent me getting a mortgage 

11 REPLIES 11

Effie

Hey @leonialex I hope you're well! The last thing we want is for you to be unable to get a mortgage. Please drop our Social Media team a message here so that they can securely access your account and help to get this all resolved for you! 

I did this but still no response hours later 

The Social Media team work on a queue based system so they will respond to your message as soon as they can @leonialex 😊

For my own reassurance 

is this something that should happen, after 6 years to get put back on?

@leonialex If the account hasn't been settled fully then a default can reappear but we can remove any marks or defaults from your file that are added in error. As soon as the team pick up your message they will check the account, find out why the new default has appeared and then they can get this all corrected and resolved for you 🙂

Is there someone I can call? I can’t physically sit here and wait, this is impacting my life 

You can call the Credit File team on 03333 040 191 and they can look into this for you @leonialex Just be aware that during busy periods there can be a longer than usual wait time in order to get through to an agent. 

May I ask how it can be readded if I was advised not to pay it would drop off after 6 years, which it did, now it’s back?

im really upset and I know your telling me to wait but I’ve psychically cried since half 7 this morning as this will ruin my mortgage changes 

I genuinely am sorry @leonialex I can absolutely understand how concerning and upsetting this is. I promise the team will get this looked into for you. Without having access to the account I honestly can't say what has happened as it would be purely speculation. If any balance remained unpaid on the account, for whatever reason, the account would not be closed fully and this can result in a default. The team will look through the whole account and discuss this with you. Any errors can and will be removed.