Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Different time zones

PepsiLover
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi! I would like to know if when roaming the time zone difference is adjusted automatically or we need to adjust it manually. Thank you very much. :Smiling:

14 REPLIES 14

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @PepsiLover 

Please refer to the Global Roaming Terms and Conditions here:  Global Roaming Terms and Conditions Charges. 

'The Roam-further daily charge is only applied on those days that you use your device while in a Roam-further destination. Whichever Roam-further destination you’re in, we’ll count a day as 00:00 to 23:59 local time for the capital city of the country you’re visiting. If you travel to another Roam-further destination on the same day, you’ll only be charged the daily charge once for that one day that you use your device, but it will end at midnight in the capital of the country you were first in'

Also further information here:  Global Roaming 

I wasn't asking about charges but thank you very much. :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

If the preference is set in your phones clock settings then the phone should auto adjust it's time zone @PepsiLover  Not sure if that's what you mean.

If the query does have something to do with your account then I would suggest you call customer services on 191 , use Live Chat or ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams on 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, yes, I was refering to auto time zone adjust. Sorry!

BandOfBrothers

@PepsiLover wrote:

Yes, yes, I was refering to auto time zone adjust. Sorry!

This is typically in the phones clock settings @PepsiLover 

For example in my phone it's in settings and Date and time.

Settings and Time and Date Settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @PepsiLover 

Your question wasn't clear, I thought you were enquiring about time change charges.

My preference would be to enable the roaming clock in the clock settings, this will give you the benefit of the time back home and in the country you are visiting.

If you are using an Android phone, further information from Google here:  Set time, date and time zone 

I am sorry! English is not my first language. I joined this community because I might visit UK this year for the first time. I do expect people to not understand me and that's fine. :Smiling:

Hi there! I am very happy to be in this community and I hope I will find nice people who love helping others no matter who they are! :Smiling: Please let me know if this is the right topic. If not, I am very sorry!

I am a 22 year old Romanian who is happy to announce that this year I might visit my uncle in UK, which will be my first time leaving Romania.

I decided to post in the UK community because you live in UK and really know how living in UK is.

I would like to know please, what network operator has the best coverage around Walsall. 

Also, I don't have any experience roaming so I would love any advice you have. :Smiling:

Thank you very much and if you have any questions you can ask me. :Smiling:

63johnw

Hi @PepsiLover  welcome to the forum. 

Vodafone give very good 4G coverage in the Walsall area, be best to go to other UK network sites to check on their coverage. 

When you arrive in the UK are you planning on using your Romanian sim? If not I would suggest getting a PAYG sim and topping that up for use while here.