Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fun : Favourite Movies

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi Guys and Gals.

So to follow on from this excellent thread http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/TV-Sport/Favorite-TV-Series/m-p/2417403#M130

I thought I'd ask what's people's Favourite Movies are and why ?

For me mine are.

The Terminator - because it was ahead of its time in story line and Special Effects.

StarShip Troopers - because it's a gore filled B Movie.

The Forbidden Planet - The original movie was ahead of its time and is a cult movie.

Saving Private Ryan - Awesone all around from story line, plots and special effects.

Forrest Gump - A masterpiece.

What's yours and why ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

27 REPLIES 27

63johnw
Hi. Saving Private Ryan is one of my favorites, I think the reality it shows is both amazing and horrifying.

The Godfather trilogy, with part two being my favorite, excellent story and acting.

The special effects in Avatar are superb.

BandOfBrothers
Agree about Saving Private Ryan - one of those films you have to watch several times to be able to take in everything.

Isn't their supposed to be a sequel for the Avatar. I need to watch the film in 3D still.

Current Phone  >

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love a good movie @imcheel, I tend to prefer older ones rather than a CGI filled blockbuster, (Although I've watched all the Marvel Universe films with my daughter). I think my favourite 3 films of all time are Taxi Driver, Pyscho and The Shining.  My favorite film from the last couple of years, has to be The Joker. Hats off to Jaoquin Phoenix for his brilliant performance.

63johnw
Yes I think there is, also Avatar world is opening at Disney. Yes 3D Imax to watch it at its best.

jeffkinn

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan and First Contact of course

The Godfather is the best film ever made.

12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda - wonderful film

I often like watching older film - as I write this I'm watching The Seven Little Foys from 1955 with Bob Hope.

On The Town - favourite musical.

Lots of others

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

My favourite Musical is Les Miserables and quite like the newest version just released.

Im a bit partial to the odd Western :smileysurprised: The Searchers and How the West Was Won. A few others too.

Current Phone  >

guinea19833
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
Me,myself and irene-makes me lol everytime I watch it.

Titanic-great film In itself

50 shades of grey-need I say more 😉

Sisteract-gotta love nuns

jeffkinn

I love rom-com chic flicks

50 First Dates

Music and Lyrics

Serendipity

Notting Hill

Shawshank Redemption is always worth watching

Schindlers List of course

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

froggerty
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It's very difficult for me to choose a favourite film, having a DVD library collection of just under 500 it's near impossible as I only collect classic, cult and rare films and these span nearly 60 years but amongst my favourites are The Birds, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, The Wicker Man, (Edward Woodward) The Lady Vanishes, The Others, (Nicole Kidman). Amongst the classics are such films as 'Cathy Come Home', 'A Kind Of Loving' and 'Up The Junction'. Certain War films like 'Bridge Over The River Kwai', Escape From Athena', Von Ryan's Express', The Eagle Has Landed'. I particularly like Australian films such as 'Rabbit Proof Fence', 'Walkabout', 'Malcolm', 'Tim', 'The Man In The Iron Mask', 'The Lighthorsemen', 'We Of The Never Never', 'Murial's Wedding', plus many more. The more recent films that will become classics and collectable will be such films as 'The Theory Of Everything', 'The Immitation Game', 'Ex-Machina', 'Capltain Philips' and 'Mr. Turner'. I could go on forever.