Ask

Solution

Is this email genuine?

ralphsd7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Our Ref: 1-1040666334471

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent request. Please find attached a copy of our response.

To access the data:

• Click on the link at the bottom of this email.
• If accessing the secure site for the first time you will need to enter the email address that you received this email from us on and then click on the ‘Authorise’ button.
• The system will then email you a password which you will need to use in order to see the attached files.

Once you can access the files/attachments, we have also encrypted those data files to prevent any unauthorised access. The password for this part is the mobile number that you have provided to us, ending in 1662, with no spaces and international dialling code. For example, if you had requested data about [Removed], the password would be:

[Removed]

If you do not have software on your computer which can open this file, we would suggest:

Windows: 7-Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/
Mac: The Unarchiver on the Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12

The information provided to you in this response will be held for 90 days from the date your request was made therefore please ensure any queries you may have are brought to our attention within this timeframe. Assistance may be limited on any queries made outside of this timeframe, as the original response data will no longer be held.

If you have any further queries, please contact us using the email

Kind regards,

[Removed]
Customer Data Excellence Centre
Vodafone Limited
Email:
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No. 1471587

vodafone.co.uk
[Removed]

Please click on the following link to download the attachments: https://justshare.vodafone.com/message/Ll3GFZpVot4rmYVSlZ8MK2

This email or download link can not be forwarded to anyone else.

The attachments are available until: Wednesday, 3 April.

Message ID[Removed]

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ralphsd7  - I can confirm this message is from Vodafone.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ralphsd7  - I can confirm this message is from Vodafone.

Hi Gemma,

Very strange - because I went on the Vodafone Chat, and the advisor that I chatted with said that he'd never seen such an email, and that I should treat it as scam, not click on any links and delete it immediately!

Ralph

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry for any conflicting information you've received in relation to this email you've had @ralphsd7. As @Gemma has confirmed, this email's from us, I'm sorry for any confusion that's been caused by this. If there's anything else I'm able to help you with, don't hesitate to pop us a message.