Solution

Net neutrality

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

HI all 

Does any one know what the neutrality law will mean for us in the UK 

Does it even apply to us here?

Everything I have read so far isn't good 

Do Vodafone have anything to say on this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

Interesting one, @DRUIDDOODE!

There seem to be a range of opinions on the matter, but all seem to take the view that the effect in Europe and the UK will be slow, but probably not to our long-term advantage.

The Huffington Post has quite a useful summary - I note their comment on Vodafone's new Passes, and I had already wondered if the Passes might be shaking the foundations of net neutrality here, although I'm sure that they comply with all the current rules and regulations.

It will be interesting to see how things develop, although I suspect that one view, that Trump would be fatally damaged by the decision, is probably over-optimistic.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Annie_N

Interesting one, @DRUIDDOODE!

There seem to be a range of opinions on the matter, but all seem to take the view that the effect in Europe and the UK will be slow, but probably not to our long-term advantage.

The Huffington Post has quite a useful summary - I note their comment on Vodafone's new Passes, and I had already wondered if the Passes might be shaking the foundations of net neutrality here, although I'm sure that they comply with all the current rules and regulations.

It will be interesting to see how things develop, although I suspect that one view, that Trump would be fatally damaged by the decision, is probably over-optimistic.

Along with that, Vodafone seems to be 'shaking the foundations' of Net Neutrality as a whole. I am not too familiar with the rules and regulations of Net Neutrality in this country, but Vodafone are not completely in line with the concept of Net Neutrality as a whole, with its passes system and the fact that you have to request to gain access to some websites such as Imgur and Mediafire.