Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OneNumber for Alexa

Marlon37
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have registered the wife’s mobile number rather than mine and want to change it but cannot work out how. Can someone help?

thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Oops @Marlon37! Are both numbers on the same account, or seperate? 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hi, I have spent a couple of hours on the phone, another couple on live chat. I have had an email confirming that my Vodafone OneNumber calling service for Amazon Echo has now been removed. But when I try to re register with a different number I get an error that “it looks like you’ve already added the maximum number of Vodafone onenumber subscriptions to your mobile number. I have DM’d you Twitter - @marlon37. And us both numbers are on the same Vodafone account. 

TJ

I can see that we've been in touch @Marlon37, sorry for the delay getting back to you; we're a little busier than usual at the moment here on the Social Media team. 

Have finally managed to switch the numbers. Problem now is that when making outgoing calls using Alexa the number showing as calling is a Glasgow number rather my wife. That means most people will ignore her when she calls as they won’t know it’s her. Is there any way to change that?

TJ

That's very strange @Marlon37 🤔 I wonder if it's something to do with your location settings in the app? 

Alexa uses the address saved for your devices in the Alexa app for the weather, time, and other features. You can change the location for your Alexa devices in theAlexa app: Select the Devices icon . Enter your complete address, and then select Save.

Have you contacted Amazon at all, to see if they can shed any light on this? Let me know how you get on and pop back if your wife is still having issues.