Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Page Not Found - Error in forum URL

ReedPR
8: Helper

When you're in the forum part of Vodafones website and you try to access My Vodafone by clicking on the menu bar top right hand page, it takes you to an error page saying page not found please check URL for typos.  Vodafone can you fix this please? This is the URL in question that brings up the error page - https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone/index.htm

12 REPLIES 12

ReedPR

Good morning @AnnS! What a pleasant surprise to see you here on this fine sunny day 😉

I have followed your precise instructions to the letter and unfortunately still come up with the error page 

When you click on the menubar, top right hand corner of page, choose My Vodafone, then choose My Vodafone directly underneath that, it takes you to that error page. I have tried putting in a screenshot but unfortunately when I click on the camera icon and upload image, the Done button is still greyed out and only option I have is clicking on include another image.

For the record, I am accessing this forum in the browser that the My Vodafone app directs you to when you want to get community help and not pc.

What happens for you @AnnS when you actually click on the URL I included in my first post? I get redirected to that error page.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for raising this to us @ReedPR. I couldn't see the menu option you were talking about, so accessed the page through the app and found it. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the link in the app, or the actual Community page; I've sent it off for someone to take a look at. 

@TJ it is a pleasure to speak with you again.

This is very frustrating now. I have compiled 5 screenshots detailing my journey from the app, what buttons to click on etc but when K tried to upload them via the camera icon, I can put them on show, I can click on more images to upload several together but the actual 'done' button to upload is greyed out and I cannot even show you what k mean?

When I get redirected from all to community, right at the very top of website and it is 3  horizontal lines which when cklicked allows to bring up further optionsbsuch as Broadband, My Vodafone etc. I rested the other links to give me a better perspective also there  and they are all there and work. It's only the My Vodafone who connets to an error page, no others.

Interestingly if I change the view in Chrome browser to desktop instead , it is dead link no more! It's only not working now because I believe the mobile version of the browser has inadvertently redirecting traffic to a url which is slightly wrong The desktop view works like a charm

TJ

Thanks for the update @ReedPR and for being so thorough, it is very strange. I've passed your comments along, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon 😊

@TJ you have an uncanny timing when you reply as just 5 minutes ago I was speaking to AJ in Twitter about another problem I have and mentioned how the lovely TJ was helping me here 😊

I have been making further investigations into this phenomenon of links not working as should and may have an idea what is happening.

When on phone and you go on Google Chrome, you view webpages in mobile view but also in settings there is an option of desktop view. I am getting a lot of issues with mobile view just recently and believe there may be a problem with it.

1) I cannot log on my account at all in mobile view. Constant oracle manager errors. If I change to desktop view it will log me in just fine.

2) Mobile view when attempting to go from anywhere in the forum to My Vodafone produces that error page I mentioned. I check the source code on this error page and it is a 404 error page. Desktop view on forum going to My Vodafone produced no error whatsoever and works perfectly.

3) Just so you understand - I use stable google Chrome from play store, latest update, I do not have any unusual Chrome Flags activated and it appears only your site has these problems from the ones I've tested.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @ReedPR , Have you reveived any further update to this query? 

I have not @DaneB. I do not know if this is just my phone or common place for others too. I just wanted to help you guys out really by pointing out links that do not work but after digging deeper into this matter, it seems there is a bigger problem at hand, especially not being able to log in if in mobile view. Not everyone will know about desktop view on google Chrome to change settings so this is something that needs to be looked at.

Please see screenshots detailing issues I have experienced with mobile view when accessing your site -