Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Repairs

anj71
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Huawei P30 pro is with the Vodafone repairs team for the second time with the same fault. (Rear Camera is not working). The first time it was returned saying the fault had been identified and fixed and it initially seemed to be. The fault re appeared within 2 weeks.  I think doing a factory reset temporarily fixes the issue. If it is returned this time and the fault recurs I would want a replacement as the fault appeared within the first month of having the device. A staff member at a store informed me it had to be returned for repair 3 times before a replacement would even be considered. Is this true as I can’t keep sending my phone away for 10 days every few weeks? 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have a read of the Consumer-rights-act 2015 @anj71 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, that’s really helpful. Especially the right to repair or replace section.

Cheers

AnnS

Hi @anj71 

Cut out Vodafone Repairs and send the phone direct to Huawei, they will be able to provide the correct diagnostic for the repair and get the phone repaired as it should be, as the manufacturer, they also have much more discretion for exchanging the phone than Vodafone.  However, it might be worth keeping quiet about Vodafone's attempts to make a repair. There is a link below with a hotline telephone numberHuawei Repairs 

As far as the Consumer Rights Act is concerned, you are entitled to a working phone and would need to provide proof that the phone was faulty from the day you received the phone for exchange, you don't mention how long you have had the phone although you mention the fault first occurred withing the first month of having the phone. 

Hi

I’ve had the phone since March 2020 and reported the fault we’ll within the 6 month period. First reporting it in April. The consumer rights Act seems to say that the burden of proof lies with the seller of the goods not with me if the device fails within the first 6months. I did contact Huawei in the first instance but they advised me to go to Vodafone as that is who would be responsible for any remedies. I’ll wait and see if it’s repaired properly this time and take it from there.

thank you 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome.

Thats correct @anj71 

If you discover the fault within the first six months of having the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time you took ownership of it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise. " 

And in regards to warranty....

Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act are against the retailer – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, so you must take any claim to the retailer.  "

So it is Vodafone UK that should under the warranty provide support but that said in most cases manufacturers want to help usually but from what you write Huawei want to pass you to the seller.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.