Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Scammers on Vodafone network

Tapani
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a British citizen living in Finland. I am receiving multiple calls a day from scammers claiming to be from an online trading company. Their phone number is on the Vodafone network in Italy. 

Nobody from Vodafone seems interested in deactivating their account/phone numbers.

Due to my job, I can't block numbers I don't know. How can I get someone to take this matter seriously?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There won't be anything Vodafone UK will be able to do. 

Apart from these calls originating from an Italian network, numbers can't just be disconnected on request just because you consider the calls are SPAM.    Vodafone UK give this advise for SPAM calls and texts Nuisance or suspicious calls and texts 

There should also be something similar for your network in Finland.

Thats a terrible answer. Having worked for TalkTalk, I can tell you categorically that there is a process for the operations team to follow when they receive notification of a scam. Not a nuisance call but a scam. Vodafone is responsible for providing scammers with telephony services. Only they can stop their account. 

I need assistance from someone actually from Vodafone on the next steps I can take. I have LinkedIn sales navigator. I guess I'll just contact all mgmt directly via email and post on their socials until they decide to stop complying with fraudsters.

AnnS

You have to follow the same procedure as Vodafone UK @Tapani and report the call to your network in Finland, there should be a special number to report the calls and the more reports they received about the number the better.

If the calls are coming from Vodafone Italy, it's an entirely separate and different company to Vodafone UK. 

Can somebody make a report to Vodafone Italy about fraudsters attempting to get me to give them money? I don't want to just block them. They are on your organisations network and I need your help in having this dealt with by your business unit in Italy.

1000001830.jpg

AnnS

As mentioned @Tapani Vodafone Italy is a entirely separate network and different company to Vodafone UK.  Vodafone UK can't look into anything connected with an overseas network.

Just report the calls through the correct procedure, it's the best way to get the numbers removed.

Are you a Vodafone employee, Ann? Do you know the difference between a company and a subsidiary?

As @AnnS has mentioned you need to report this to Vodafone IT, as Vodafone UK cannot physically do anything about an Italian sister company.

I'd also like to point out that both Vodafone UK and IT are both subsidiaries of Vofafone Group and not of each other, hence the answer(s) above.

I'm sorry to hear you're receiving these kind of calls @Tapani. As @AnnS rightfully advised (Thank you for offering your help with this matter), Vodafone Italy and Vodafone UK are run as separate entities and you would need to follow Vodafone Italy's process for reporting these kind of calls.

I've taken a look at the images you included with your message, unfortunately we're unable to allow these to be visible publicly as the contain information that contravenes our Community Guidelines. When looking into these kind of messages and calls, we also need to consider the numbers being used may have been cloned/spoofed for the purpose of making these calls and are not where the calls are originating. When you reach out to them, I'm sure Vodafone Italy will take all these factors into consideration when investigating your issue.