cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stop with the texting to my Skype number!

Danielle_S
2: Seeker

Over the past couple of weeks my Skype online number has received dozens and dozens of voice text messages from Vodafone, advising me to expect a call from 08080000133.

I have lived in Canada and had that number for the last 14 years. This is the first time this has ever happened and I don't even know how you've got my number (unless Microsoft have sold it to you?)

Kindly contact me directly so I can let you know you the number which you can remove from your database.

Many thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Danielle_S, that's very strange indeed 🤔 So I can take a closer look into these messages for you, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch directly. 

Danielle_S

Hi TJ

Thanks for replying. I've clicked the link but can't continue with the private message as I don't have a UK mobile number!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry you're unable to continue with the link within the private message @Danielle_S. Have you tried entering your Skype number? Alternatively, if you're still having difficulty with your details, contact us on Twitter or Facebook using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be sure to assist you further with your query 🙂

Hi Loz

My Skype number didn't work because it's not formatted as a mobile number, it's effectively a landline.

I direct messaged the VodafoneUK twitter account this morning, but no one has replied yet...

Thanks for your help

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sometimes takes a while, but the team should get to your Tweet eventually.

Having looked at this, I'm wondering whether someone has entered their number incorrectly somewhere and happened to come up with your Skype one.   With luck, the tech people will be able to find where it is and remove it - I can't see any other way round it.

Really appreciate you looking into this.

Your team (via Twitter) can't even find an account for me and don't seem to be able to do anything, so you could be right about the wrong number. Let's hope so.

Anyway, no texts since I got in touch so hopefully that's the end of it. Fingers crossed...

Have a great weekend