Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text offering free Costa Coffee

CarolineBerkin
1: Seeker

Has anyone else received a text supposedly from Vodafone offering customers a free Costa Coffee?! You need to click a link but I am not convinced it's genuine!!

32 REPLIES 32

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @CarolineBerkin

I've not had a text message with that info in. 

Can you screenshot the text message and post it here in your thread. 

Your correct not to click on a link you have concerns with.  👍🏻

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @CarolineBerkin

I've not had a text message with that info in. 

Can you screenshot the text message and post it here in your thread. 

Your correct not to click on a link you have concerns with.  👍🏻

A

AnnS

Hi @CarolineBerkin

Would you by any chance have been previously on TalkMobile as a PAYG customer? Please see the link below.

https://talkmobile.co.uk/payg/closure

No have always been with Vodafone and text came following trail of previous Vodafone genuine texts.

abjabj
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Yes. I got that text too. Or at least the notification (which might have been from the app) as I can't find the message.

I was also suspicious.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to pop on and clarify this.

The text offering a free Costa coffee is genuine and from us – you just need to follow the link to claim it. :Smiling:

Why didn’t I get a free costa coffee....... as a Vodafone customer with 4 lines who also regularly experiences issues with Vodafone!

I feel this was not a good idea to only offer to selected customers.

Hi, following the confirmation on here from Vodafone that this link was genuine I proceeded to select it, however I haven't received anything to allow me to access the free coffee, am I being impatient or should I be concerend that the link is something sinister?

I rang the fraud team at Vodafone (they deal with suspicious activities on your account) and they told me that it is genuine. I'll try to find out more about why nothing has happened since selecting the link....