main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Text offering free Costa Coffee

1: Seeker

Has anyone else received a text supposedly from Vodafone offering customers a free Costa Coffee?! You need to click a link but I am not convinced it's genuine!!

View more options
32 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @CarolineBerkin

I've not had a text message with that info in. 

Can you screenshot the text message and post it here in your thread. 

Your correct not to click on a link you have concerns with.  👍🏻

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @CarolineBerkin

Would you by any chance have been previously on TalkMobile as a PAYG customer? Please see the link below.

https://talkmobile.co.uk/payg/closure

View more options

No have always been with Vodafone and text came following trail of previous Vodafone genuine texts.

View more options
3: Seeker

Yes. I got that text too. Or at least the notification (which might have been from the app) as I can't find the message.

I was also suspicious.

View more options

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to pop on and clarify this.

The text offering a free Costa coffee is genuine and from us – you just need to follow the link to claim it.

View more options
4: Newbie

Why didn’t I get a free costa coffee....... as a Vodafone customer with 4 lines who also regularly experiences issues with Vodafone!

I feel this was not a good idea to only offer to selected customers.

View more options

Thanks for clarifying that but it might have been a good idea if the customer service department knew about this as when I called the lady had never heard of it and neither had anyone else in the customer service team!

View more options
4: Newbie

My granddaughter got one - she's got a contract at £30 a month, with 2gb of data - I spend about £60 for my iPhone 7 Plus with 10gb of data and nothing and have been with Vodafone for a long time!!!!!

View more options
2: Seeker

Following the comment from Vodafone on here that the text coffee offer is genuine I selected the link, that was last week and I've received nothing to enable me to acess the free coffee, am I being impatient or should I be worried that the link is perhaps sinister?

View more options

Hi, following the confirmation on here from Vodafone that this link was genuine I proceeded to select it, however I haven't received anything to allow me to access the free coffee, am I being impatient or should I be concerend that the link is something sinister?

View more options

Are you sure this is legitimate? I signed up to this on Thursday and haven't heard back, can't help thinking some scammer has now linked my email address to my phone number...

View more options

I rang the fraud team at Vodafone (they deal with suspicious activities on your account) and they told me that it is genuine. I'll try to find out more about why nothing has happened since selecting the link....

View more options

I had an online chat with an advisor, he said it is a genuine offer and that you should call the sales team on 08080 408408 to claim the coffee.

View more options

Apologies for the delay in reaching your post @Shannon1965. Thanks for updating us and enjoy your free coffee! :smileyhappy:

View more options

I got the message for the free coffee a couple weeks ago but now can't seem to find it. Can anyone confirm whether it was a message from the app or an actual text message as I don't remember?

thanks

View more options
3: Seeker

Very unfair not everyone received one! I have been with Vodafone for years!

View more options

@themallrat - You can find this by going to the My Vodafone app and then tap on the menu dropdown in the top right hand corner. Then tap ‘Notifications’ where you’ll find the invitation.

@chrismah123 - This is for selected customers only but there are lots of great offers coming soon, so keep a look out for your invite!

View more options

This is pretty appaling that its only been offered to certain customers, my partner got this offer and has been with vodaphone 12 months. I have 2 phones on my account and have been with vodaphone over 4 years and havent had this offer. Its all well and good saying more offers are coming but to who? 

View more options

Hi @Jenny I received the notification yesterday and went through the registration process, it said I would receive an email to confirm and tell how to claim but nothing has come through. If I then go back to notification in the app then it says it's already been claimed?

View more options