Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Logo / PNG ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This post might not be placed in the right place, therefore my apologies. 

Although I'm not a Vodafone customer, I have signed up to this forum to receive some help as Vodafone customer support didn't help.

Today, I received two strange emails in which one starts with "Thanks for registering with us" and the second, apparently,, contains the new T&C of the business.

To cut this story short, does anyone recognises Vodafone Logo in the attachment I have posted on here? This is the logo that accompanies both emails received today.

I have never been a Vodafone customer. But my private email address has been used on this occasion and I would like to get at the bottom of this story

If anyone has any clue or can help I would really appreciate it.

If more info regarding the content of the emails endetail,  I shall get back with more details if required.

Thanks 

Screenshot_20211221-190056~2.png

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS
17: Community Champion

This looks very much like a phishing email.  These want to be scammers at clever at getting your email address.

Please see here: Phishing 

If you click on the email address at the top of the mail, you will be able to see the address of where the email originated. Like all these spam emails, move to spam, block the address and delete.

These scammers are contacting email addresses pretending to be Vodafone and this may be something Vodafone should be aware of.  It's quite awful with so many people who may take this as genuine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the your prompt answer 

Am I a novice in all these? No.

I won't take the bait 

However, I just want to know who else had encountered this issue and if I can get any other possible information.

As you have already mentioned here, Vodafone should be aware. However, did the guy on chat I went to care? No. I have explained to him everything. No point as he didn't "know" how to help and didn't even want to help me get in touch with Vodafone security team. I have added some more print screen of the 2 emails I received. For security purposes I didn't printscreen the details that contain my private email details nor my real name. However, the email is supposed to have been sent by no "reply ( one word) @ vodafone.com" 

Screenshot_20211221-203258.png

Screenshot_20211221-203210.png

Screenshot_20211221-203313.png

Screenshot_20211221-203158.png

Screenshot_20211221-203134.png

Screenshot_20211221-193115.png

Screenshot_20211221-190056~3.png

 All I was looking for, was to bring all these to Vodafone attention 

However, they don't really care, I think 

Thanks for your reply 

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for not sharing your personal information as this is an open forum @Anonymous 

Vodafone has this about phishing emails protecting-you/phishing and the Government has this official advice https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/phishing-scams/report-scam-email 

Please do report it as this will help to try and shut down such activities although the sad fact is that these unscrupulous people will persevere to catch unsuspecting people.

I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Team's here will pass this back up to the relevant departments once they've reached your thread.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By the time the government and Vodafone take action ( the latter is undoubtedly slower in taking action), there will be many unaccounted "victims". 

BandOfBrothers

The sad fact is that many will be victims of this type of scam and from the many other forms of scams out there @Anonymous 

We can only but chip away knowing that at least we haven't been scammed and have passed on what we've encountered personally to the businesses and official agencies what's happened.

Also telling friends and family and colleagues to watch out and share information on Social Media Platforms to get the message out there. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous 

I was extremely busy moderating your images.  You can just see they are trying to get some personal information from you:  For example, they are trying to get your date of birth, and hopefully, some bank account information.  As soon as this is received, they will start charging the account.  Phishing emails never look right and this one is extremely poorly done.

There are so many scams around, even more so this time of year, We all know the Amazon scam and Microsoft support calls, they never seem to give up, most annoyingly receive these calls at the most inconvenient times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20211221-220850.png

Screenshot_20211221-220749.png

Screenshot_20211221-215924.png

Speaking about images, I did a bit of search and came across Vodafone headquarters/ address business registration info.

Who can spot the difference between the first legit one on Vodafone website and the one on the two printscreen of the emails?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Anonymous 

I've just turned my phone on and hey presto one of the messages I've recieved is one from DPD saying I'd missed my delivery and to press on the link.

Vodafone use DPD to deliver phone's and many people are waiting for those.

This is where people do need to be very careful.

i.e 

Don't click on any links.

Use the DPD official website or DPD App and contact Vodafone direct.

Current Phone  >

Hey @Anonymous  👋 Apologies for the delay in getting back to you! I hope you're well and having a lovely week so far 😊

Thank you so much for raising this to us and for including screenshots of the emails you have received. I have forwarded these to our Security team so they can investigate these emails in the hopes that we can get them stopped. Please do report them as SPAM and if possible, forward them to phishing@vodafone.co.uk and report@phishing.gov.uk

I am sorry that you have been targeted by these scammers but also glad that you are very scam aware and did not fall victim to these tactics. 

@BandOfBrothers  and @AnnS Thank you for jumping in with your, as always, wonderful help and advice!