Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Points scam?

Michellemabelle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Today I received a text message claiming that my Vodafone points would expire in three days. I clicked on the link they gave me: https://vodafone.coruks.buzz/search

and it had options such as an air fryer and earbuds. It was a bit suspicious, so I thought I'd ask here. I used the look up took and found that the number was not one of the Vodafone numbers, but I would just like to make sure. There was also a spelling mistake in the text, which also furthers my suspicion. 

1000029433.png

24 REPLIES 24

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for raising this @Michellemabelle You were right to be suspicious, you can't be too careful when receiving anything that asks for you to share personal information. As you've mentioned, if you get a message claiming to be from ourselves and it's an unfamiliar number, our look up tool is always available. If the message doesn't come from us, we advise not to interact with it, but to forward it to 7726 and we'll investigate it and take any necessary actions to close it down.

andyduudz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

yehhh i had the same text too about vodafone points  

Vivstop
1: Seeker

I also had a text but with a completely different link.

Certainly looks like a scam. Like you I didn't click it but checked on the Vodafone Community. This appears to be an ongoing phishing attempt.

Hey @Vivstop I can certainly appreciate how concerning that must be. If you forward the text to 7726, this will help us report and stop these scam schemes. 

Kdog90
1: Seeker

I received this same text message today and my phone immediately flagged it as Spam. I selected the link anyway and was taken to a page where I could redeem things like earbuds, smart watches and a pack of face masks (already weird enough). To make things even more suspicious one of the items was for noise-cancelling earphones but it had a picture of an air fryer, and I only had to pay £0.23 to order. When I selected something just to see what would happen, it wouldn't let me go back and when I selected my basket, it said it was empty. I am not a Vodafone mobile customer, only Broadband, so I have no idea where these "points" would have come from.

It's clearly a scam so make sure you delete and don't enter any personal information.