Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wise transfer

LP_
1: Seeker

Hello,

I arrived in the UK yesterday and am looking to find a way to get a data plan. I don't have a UK bank account and I'm wondering if you can get a Vodafone plan using a Wise transfer account, or if I need revolut.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Welcome to the UK @LP_  😀

As your unable to apply for a Pay Monthly Contract you will be instead able to pick up a Vodafone Payg [ Pay As YouGo ] sim card.

You'll need to ensure your phone is unlocked to all Network's so it will accept the Vodafone UK Sim Card.

These Payg Sim Cards can be picked up from a Vodafone Highstreet Store or stores such as convenience stores and petrol stations. They may charge £0.99 pence for the sim card and look on the packaging to see what tariff has been put on the sim. This tariff can be changed to a better suited tariff if necessary.

I would suggest a Vodafone Highstreet Store as they'll then go through the Vodafone Payg tariffs to see which one is best for your usage needs and explain about hiw to top up and the ways to do so.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/best-sim-only-deals/pay-as-you-go-sim. And Vodafone > Which Pay as you go plan is right for you?  > Hold all the relevant information on tariffs.

No credit check is needed for Payg and nor is a UK bank account needed.

These tariffs will have minutes , texts and data on them and a new mobile number.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.