Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 7 finishes LAST in battery life test against Android rivals

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The iPhone 7 has finished last in battery life test against three leading Android smartphones.

Tested against the Samsung Galaxy S7, the LG G5 and the HTC 10, the iPhone 7 came bottom of the pile for its battery life when making calls and using 3G to browse the web.

The test, which was carried out by consumer group Which?, found that the battery on the iPhone 7 ran out after only 712 minutes of call time. By comparison, the HTC 10 lasted a whopping 1859 minutes when making calls.

With the HTC 10 taking top spot, second place went to the LG G5, which was found to give users around 1579 minutes of call time. In third place was the Samsung Galaxy S7 with 1492 minutes of call time.

The iPhone 7 was found to perform slightly better when it came to mobile browsing using 3G, but still finished bottom of the table.

The Apple device gave 615 minutes of battery life when searching the web from a 3G connection, much worse than the 790 minutes from the HTC 10, which again took top spot.

The Samsung Galaxy S7 this finishing in second with 677 minutes, while the LG G5 came in third with 640 minutes.

However, rather than reading too much into this, the results probably aren’t that surprising given that the iPhone 7’s battery at 1960 mAh is much smaller than its rivals.

With that being said, the iPhone 7 is the most expensive device out of the four tested.

By comparison, the LG G5 has a 2800mAh battery, whereas the Samsung Galaxy S7 and HTC 10 both have 3000mAh batteries.

During the test the iPhone 7 was running Apple’s new iOS 10 software, while the three Android devices used Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

The findings might be worrying for anyone who has or is planning to purchase an iPhone 7.

However, it isn’t all bad. A recent benchmark test of the iPhone 7 found that Apple’s new A10 Fusion Chip is almost twice as fast as most other Android phones.

Source: ThaiRath

1 REPLY 1

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Personally I found that the 6S+ had the best battery life of any phone I'd ever had and the 7+ continues in the same vein for me.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png