Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlock Code

KimiKImi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It appears that I am not the only one who is having trouble getting iphone unlocked.  I have an iphone purchased from CPW with a Vodafone 24 mnth contract (now expired).  As everyone knows, iphones lock to the network of the first sim activated in them - in my case Vodafone.  My iPhone has only ever had 1 Vodafone sim card in it so I do not know why Vodafone are telling me that the IMEI is not registered on my account.

Now despite completing the online NUC request form 3 times, actually sending photos of phone with IMEI number displayed, a copy of the original paperwork showing IMEI number and contracted to Vodaphone, spending a total of almost 2 hours 'chatting' it appears that the only way I can unlock my phone is by purchasing a Vodafone PAYG sim, putting it in my iPhone and using it for 30 days.  What a great income generator for Vodafone.   If Vodafone cannot register the IMEI of my phone after me using it for 2 years what chance have I got in them being able to register it in 30 days!   (Just for luck the online chat operator also told me that as I had not brought the phone from Vodafone, I should take it back to CPW for unlocking as they sold me the phone. - Do these people have any training???)

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.  I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE MY IPHONE WITH MY NEW CARRIER.  MY CONTRACT HAS EXPIRED. VODAFONE, AS THE CARRIER,  ARE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO UNLOCK MY PHONE FOR FREE NOW.

I, however, will not be taking Vodafone's advice.  I will be using the services of Which Legal to further my

cause and as I have already ported my number to my new sim, seeking compensation for the time it is taking me to sort this out and also for the cost of my new contract that I am not able to use.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your right iPhone's that were supplied by CPW used to lock out to the first sim inserted but thankfully this is no longer the case. 

We do see that issues exist because the phone was supplied by an independent and they havent updated Vodafone properly of the phones information when setting up the contract end with Vodafone on your behalf. Its not always Vodafone at issue. 

Although you should not have to a known remedy is to pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card and use the sim card in the phone making calls etc for 30 days and use the new payg details to request its unlock.

It does appear some are experiencing issues with unlocking. 

Perhaps let the Vodafone Social Media Team catch up with your post and they'll help you with this situation if they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Why are you angry at Vodafone? It might be called a ‘network unlock code’ but it’s a handset issue. This is quite silly. Your handset was supplied by CPW, not Vodafone. It is CPW’s responsibility to help you with the handset. They are two separate businesses.  Vodafone just provides your signal/data. You can rant and rave against Vodafone all you like, but like it or not, your hardware gripe is with CPW. At the moment, it’s like buying a car from a dealer then complaining to the petrol station that the radio isn’t working and they should fix it...

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KimiKImi - I’m sorry you’ve spent so much time, trying to get your iPhone unlocked through us.

We can check your account and then escalate it to our Network Unlock team.

We’ll need to take some details from you. Please get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message.