Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ask

Solution

Windows 10 on Lumia 930

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Windows 10 is now rolling out for Lumia devices. I have the 930 and it's busy updating as I type ๐Ÿ˜Š

First though you have to go to the windows store and download the update advisor app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/updateadvisor/9nblggh0f5g4

Follow the instructions and away it goes. Good luck.

More information here.

http://m.gsmarena.com/microsoft_officially_starts_windows_10_mobile_rollout_for_older_devices-news-1...
14 REPLIES 14

Using a Lumia 930 phone previously running windows phone 8.1. After upgrading to Windows 10 mobile yesterday, Outlook, Contacts/People and calendar not syncing with mail server. My Windows Live account is showing up under Account Settings & phone is synced to Microsoft and other services such as Store, Onedrive are working fine.

My Windows Live account shows up in settings when you open Calendar, Mail, or People it asks you to add account...if you add your live account again it said done but then closes app - when you re-open e.g. Calendar you are just presented with the add account option again - hoping there is a way of resolving this without the hard re-set....is there anything else that I could try?

Everything else is working fine so would like to avoid the hard re-set if at all possible.....wishing I had stayed on WP8.1 now....

infinidim
4: Newbie
I've been running it since it was released. A few niggles but basically it is good and stable.

Hope Vodafone UK release a firmware update for 930 to go with Windows 10 Mobile as currently we are running under the Window 8.1 firmware.
Infinidim

thesoupdragon
I'm not getting the same issues as you but I am finding that apps are crashing left right and centre...

I also found that the battery drained incredibly quickly, this could be due to behind the scenes app updates though?

I will probably reset later and see if things improve?

I have a Lumia 640, and according to the Microsoft Upgrade Advisor, would accept W10. Downloaded, and waited while the phone did everything it was supposed to.  Then the fun started, no text tone, no email tone, despite enabling in all the right places.  Live.com email would not sync in Outlook, and said that my account did not exist.  The upgrade also fried my SD card, fortunately everything had been backed up to OneDrive. I searched the web, and lo and behold these are not isolated issues with W10 upgrades.  Microsoft must be expecting these problems as they have helpfully provided a Device Recovery Tool that works with the phone connected to the PC to take the phone back to W8.  I let the program do its work, the phone went right back to how it was when I bought it, all tones, email and everything worked as before.  My advice, don't believe the hype, stick with W8 until the bugs are dead. Thanks Microsoft.

thesoupdragon

So it looks like Microsoft are not interested in keeping consumer users of the mobile platform? Instead they are going to target Business users... In the same way that Blackberry did many years ago!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/technology/microsoft-smartphone-layoffs.html?_r=0

My Lumia 930 had fantastic harware, always let down by shoddy firmware...

This is exactly why companies like Vodafone refused to invest any long term money into the platform, it was too unstable...!