Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Amazon Blink Camera Not Working With Vodafone Home Broadband

rc2702
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Amazon Blink Cameras can find every other wifi network around my property but not mine - as in they can't find mine when scanning for networks.

I have tried splitting the SSID and even disconnecting other devices nearby but to no avail.

I've seen various other topics saying that people are having issues connecting Amazon products to their home Vodafone Broadband?

(Note, the cameras can pick up and work fine with wifi at another property (which is BT Broadband).

Bizarre and frustrating.

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

It sounds like the camera is 2.4Ghz only, so possibly the router is using channel 12 or 13, and the camera can't see it. Check what channel your router is using, and if it is 12 or 13, that is probably the reason.

Check the router settings at Status & Support, scroll down to see the channel.

Jayach_0-1652398330915.png

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I'll try later today and report back if any luck.

Capture.PNG

It's using Channel 1, so it can't be that unfortunately.

Jayach

Just a thought but can other devices connect to the 2.4Ghz band? There have been a couple of posts on here recently where the 2,4Ghz wasn't actually broadcasting.

Nope, now you mention it, the 2.4 Ghz band isn't showing up/broadcasting when I search for connections on my other devices (phone, laptop,tv - all of which use the 5ghz band). 

Strange, even when I set the router to show both bands, it only shows one.

The Cameras appear to be the only thing I cannot join, presumable as they require the 2.4 band which isn't showing.

Strange indeed.

Jayach

You need to get a Wi-Fi analyser app that can show all the channels that are available. If the Vodafone one isn't shown it is likely the router is faulty.

I can't suggest which app you should use, as I've never used one, but there are many available on the Play Store. (assuming you are a Google user)

Ripshod

I recommend this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

(a lot of the others haven't yet been updated to recognise 160Mhz channels) 

Hi,

Despite having an existing network of Blink cameras that were working fine after I moved over to Vodafone (kept same SSID and password), a new purchase failed to be detected.  My router was on channel 13 and despite many reboots continually went back to 13.  As an attempted workaround I wrapped the router in tin foil and put it in a metal mesh bin.  The Wifi scan showed it could see far fewer networks and a reboot brought it up on channel 6.  Detection and registrartion then worked fine.  The router has now moved back to channel 13 and the new camera still works fine.  It looks like it is just the original detection to work out it is in the UK and is allowed to use channel 13 is the issue.  To be honest both suppliers are at fault here.  Blink should allow 13 use out of the box and Vodafone should allowing manual setting of the channel.  But the good new is, once the camera is registered it then work perfectly.