Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Wi Fi hub keeps resetting

chasifone
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,  i have had the fibre broadband 1 month - no problem. Today I tried to log into the hub - it did not take its password. I did a factory reset - changed the password, wifi name and password. After this the hub went into a self-reboot cycle where it would work for one minute then go through a self reboot with takes say 2-3 minutes and then it stay on for 1 min again and reboots again

I wasted 3 hours trying to reach Vodafone support - kept me holding until it was after 9 pm and cut off.

Then I tried the Tobi robot that is supposed to be 24/ 7 finally got to a live person - he was clueless - told me 'please wait 2 (two) minutes for the correct team'. Another 65 minutes later (after watching - you are number so so in the queue) I was unceremoniously told 'We are no longer here' and again cut off - so much for 24/7 - it is simply not true what it says - this I had to do on my (thank God not vodafone) mobile phone internet connection. So much for Vodafones promise of service without interruption, mobile internet backup stick etc - all for nought.

Anyway I wonder what next - has anyone had this unfortunate experience ? Any clues how to get to the elusive competent support line ?

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@chasifone wrote:

Any clues how to get to the elusive competent support line ?

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is one.

If you disconnect it from the line (you don't say if you are on FTTP or FTTC), does it stay up longer?

If it does, and you can log in, try another factory reset from the firmware.

Yes, it stays on longer without the WAN cable but commits suicide as soon as it sniffs a connection  to the internet- 

with the 4K dongle same thing - stays on for a while but then starts looping.

i had sevetral all OK diagnostics followed by self reboot, not good, waste of time 

also tried factory reset from inside - no difference

also it definitely refuses the valid password (incl the default) several times before one time actually works

this is extremely frustrating as you have to keep typing blindly until it decides to honor the password

so I think it stupidly tries to update its brain and dies in the process, 

To update, today  after some time wasting I was able to get to vodafone tech help

and so, the 3rd person I spoke with,  (located in Egypt)  seemed to know what he was doing and, after an hour spent trying things and videolinking  - he concluded that my hub is toast and said he would be sending me a new one, 

so now I am sitting with no usable internet for the 2nd day and hoping this will come soon

Jayach

It could be firmware updates failing, what version do you have? Mine is 19.4.0551-3261103

It could also be something on the LAN causing problems, do you have any extra routers, switches or other networking devices? Try with only one device connected.

Edit: I posted this before I read your last update, let's hope the new router cures it. They are usually sent via DPD. so should be next day delivery. (once it's been dispatched)

Ripshod

I saw this behaviour before. If the THG3000 can't get a connection it'll reboot to try again. If after a few attempts it still can't connect it'll reset back to the default state ready to be reprovisioned.

So rather than being a faulty router I think your connection is fritzed and needs sorting by vodafone.