Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband access control

narendar
2: Seeker

I've just joined vodafone from BT. My previous BT router allowed me to set access times for each device that was connected to it. I have made great use if this as it enabled me to restrict access to my kids' devices. I was assured by the Vodafone sales team that i would also have rhis functionality availabe witg my bew service but i cant find it anywhere, either in the router gui, the My Vodafone app or the Vodafone Broadband app. Is this function actually available and if so how do i access it. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@narendar Do you mean devices connected just by WiFi? If so connect them to the guest WiFi and set the on/off times for that.

No. I mean ALL devices connected to the router,  either by WiFi or ethernet. It was straightforward with the BT router page but can't seem to find hiw to do the same with my new Vodafone service.

Cynric

@narendar Then I think you are out of luck. 

BatMan312

Hi, if you’ve got a Pro2 plan they’ve just released SecureNet Home (for free) where you can do exactly that and a whole lot more for security. Version 5.3.0 is available from the stores to update. If you don’t have a Pro 2 plan a good work around is setting devices to Guest WiFi and turning it on/off when you need to without affecting devices connected to your main WiFi 

BatMan312

Also if you have a VOX3 router (the square black one) you can access the Block feature from within My Devices section then connected devices. If you have a Power Hub router it’s not there yet but no doubt it’ll be on their list of things to bring into the new app.