Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband disconnected

Sconnie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys, Im here because I think Im about to have a breakdown. I got in touch with Vodafone a few weeks ago as my speed was getting lower and lower. After the 6 phone calls to establish it was a fault they agreed to send an engineer out, He came out and did his thing and thought I may have been connected to the wrong cabinet. So he carried out his work and Vodafone recommended I do a disconnect and reconnect to get the new line up and running. This is where the problem is. The line has now been disconnected and Vodafone are now saying they cant provide service to my address. So I try getting in touch with Openreach who tell me it needs to be the isp that raises the issue, However Vodafone are unwilling to do so because my line is no longer active. Its been a week of phone calls going nowhere and I am at my wits end. Can anybody help? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Vodafone don't really offer help thru this forum, you want to try their social media channels.

https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneUK

https://www.twitter.com/VodafoneUK

############

clint_flick_0-1615029304623.png

Are you still getting a Bill from VF?

No, The lines completely disconnected. The issue is I work from home and cant now because I have no internet. I forgot to mention that other isps can now only offer 1-4mbps down from 55mbps before the engineer visit. Thats the whole street

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Sconnie wrote:

I forgot to mention that other isps can now only offer 1-4mbps down from 55mbps before the engineer visit. Thats the whole street

Are you saying your Openreach engineer visit has degraded the broadband for the whole street?

Just don't let them know it was you, they may send a lynching mob. (that's a joke, just in case the mods think I'm inciting violence)

Seriously, if Openreach have broken it they should fix it.

Yes that seems to be the issue. But they are now saying to isp that there are no ports in the required cabinet. In the meantime Im sat with mobile data :Sad_face:

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your Broadband service @Sconnie. As @clint_flick advised, we'd be happy to look into this for you here via social media. Once we've had a look at the account, we'll have a better understanding of what options are available for you 👍

@Farai Ive tried to get in touch through Facebook. Thanks

Jayach

@Sconnie

Please do let us know if you can get any help via social media.

I can only assume that when Openreach tested your line, they found a fault, but there were no free fibre ports to move you to.

But to just leave you without a service is unacceptable. 

So here is Vodafones "Offer of Resolution"

Dear Mr Ramsay

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your recent experience. We're really sorry this led to your complaint on 4 July 2021.

In your email, you explained that you were experiencing issues with your Home Broadband speeds, at which an Openreach engineer was arranged to investigate the fault. They advised you that they recommended a disconnection and reconnection of service into an alternative cabinet. You contacted us to complete the advised actions; however, when trying to reconnect your service you've been advised that we're unable to due to there being no available ports.

We looked into this and found that as there are no spare ports we're unable to provide a service to your property. Whilst we appreciate you were following the advice you were provided by the Openreach engineer, if there are no ports available when we need to place the reconnection order, then we can't provide this service. As we're unable to forecast what orders will be placed in the period between your service being disconnected and a reconnection request being placed, we're unable to guarantee a port would be available for you. We're currently unable to provide a service for you, and unable to advise when a port will be free. We apologise for the situation; however, the only way for you to receive a broadband service would be to sign up with an alternative provider.

Great help :Sad_face:

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm really sorry to hear we're unable to provide your service @Sconnie :Sad_face: I'm sure our Customer Relations team have done everything possible to provide you a service before coming to this point. If there's anything we can do to help make you move to another provider go as smooth as possible, don't hesitate to pop us a message here or through one of our social channels.