Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CANT UPGRADE

FERRIS-STEWART4
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi we had a text saying our broadband was due to end, so we rang them to upgrade, they told us we had to contact open reach about this as open reach had a "stop sell" in the area. so i contacted open reach to be sent this from them on twitter Direct messages.

Hiya!

Thanks for the video explaining!

- I'm unsure why Vodafone have sent you to do this. The Stop Sell is the retirement of the copper network with fibre cabinets (which is what you have now). You will still have access to the copper network if live now. 
- The stop sell is forever. This is for the new fibre network replacing the copper network, which after 2026 will no longer be live. We have put a stop sell in place to stop new orders as this will be turned off soon. 
- Vodafone have a full section to refer to on their Openreach Portal which explains this. 
- A new contract for the existing services should still be possible till 2026. Anything around this would be controlled by Vodafone systems. This will not require a new order, as it is just the change over of the billing which we have no control of. 

To summarise, Vodafone should not have referred you away and the stop sell should not affect you changing over the price you pay to a new contracted rate. This would be for Vodafone to resolve with you as they manage that. 

Outside of this, Full fibre services are available to order on a new contract with them :Smiling: 

Thanks! ^Dan

Hiya!

Also their Openreach portal. ^Dan

we have rang Vodaphone 8 times now and been disconnected four times on calls. no one can resolve this, they are unable to offer us upgrade packages, so from 19th August when our current contract ends it will increase from £24 to £27 a month that £288 a year to £324. I can not afford this amount. 

We checked the website and fibre is available in the area, so we don't understand why they cant offer us a new package.
Has this happened to anyone else? what was the resolution?  we are seriously think we are just going to end the contract and go with someone else. this is ridiculous!

Mrs Ferris-Stewart
2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Thought I'd already replied to this, but it seems to have disappeared.

Are you trying to upgrade, i.,e. take out an FTTP contract, or to renew your current FTTC one, hopefully at a lower price?

@FERRIS-STEWART4 wrote:
- Vodafone have a full section to refer to on their Openreach Portal which explains this. 

Anyone have any idea where this may be?

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

@FERRIS-STEWART4 wrote:

Anyone have any idea where this may be?

I'd imagine it is a 'trade' only thing that each service provider supplying broadband / telephone services over the Openreach infrastructure will have access to.