Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Compensation for Storm Arwen - when?

rwm1962
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was told it was going to be paid as a credit on my bill.    Not seeing any mention of it for Jan or Feb bills.

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

As far as is known @rwm1962 networks don't give compensation for when network goes down due to a storm, these things happen and the network would not have been responsible for the storm and damage caused, but they should have got the damage repaired as soon as was possible.  There is further information on this here: Network Queries - Frequently Asked Questions 

However, no harm trying, speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

Post edited due to thread being posted on network queries board for mobile.

As far as is known?

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

We were out for 12 days & have been told by Vodafone via phone calls that we will be compensated as our service is via Openreach.  Didn't happen in our bill at end of December & isn't showing as being applied this month or next.

The initial email we received prior to confirmation;

We're sorry for the delay in fixing your broadband service - we know how frustrating it is when you lose your connection.

Rest-assured, we're doing everything we can to get you up and running again as soon as possible.

We've got your back…

If we're unable restore your service within 2 working days (after you told us about the fault), then to help make up for the inconvenience, we'll give you £8.06 compensation each day until your broadband is working again. 

What do I need to do?

There's nothing you need to do, if you're eligible for compensation, we'll be back in touch once your broadband is back up and running to confirm how much you're due. 

We'll then automatically add your compensation as a one-off credit to your Vodafone account.

To find out more about the compensation we offer if something goes wrong just click here

BandOfBrothers

Hi @rwm1962 

Definitely have a word with customer services and they'll need to access your account to get this sorted for you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Should be automatic as we're on the Openreach network

I've just been on to customer services.   The agent consulted with his manager who came back with 3 offers in succession - £25, £50 & £90.   I have refused all of them as this is not a negotiation.  It's a set rate of £8.06 a day under the Automatic Compensation Scheme that Vodafone have signed up to.   I don't expect to be haggling with a manager via a customer service operator.  After I ended the call I got a call back from an operator telling me the manager has raised the offer to £100.  This is now above the compensation due.  May sound mad but I have refused that too.   This is a set rate per day & not subject to haggling.  

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to see your credit wasn't added automatically @rwm1962. We'll be happy to take a look into why this wasn't done and get the credit raised for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, pop us a private message through one of our social channels.

Thanks - doing that now.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@rwm1962 wrote:

After I ended the call I got a call back from an operator telling me the manager has raised the offer to £100.  This is now above the compensation due.  May sound mad but I have refused that too.   

Take the money and run. :Winking_smiley:

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

@rwm1962 wrote:

After I ended the call I got a call back from an operator telling me the manager has raised the offer to £100.  This is now above the compensation due.  May sound mad but I have refused that too.   

Take the money and run. :Winking_smiley:

Standing on principle is always an admirable quality but having a selection of principals to stand on is even better.  In this instance, I’d stand on the noble ‘take the money and run' principal too.
😁😉😁

I have been promised the amount required under the scheme - £96.72.