Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

DDNS THG3000g

drfaulkner
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone has any luck with DDNS on the THG3000g router?

I cannot access my router remotely using my No-ip domain name

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to query the IP address that No-IP hold for you.  If it's the same as a local query, you'd then need to try to access the service on your network via your routers IP.  At least that way you'll know whether its No-IP or something else blocking your access to the router.

I checked no-ip.com account. IP address was correct. Tried a different domain account and still didnt work. Spoke to Vodafone tonight and they said I needed a static IP. Rebooted router confirmed static IP.

It is now working but only if I disable the firewall on the router. 

Can I modify any other settings to make this work and still keep firewall active?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Love it!  One of the whole points of using a DDNS is that you SHOULDN'T NEED A STATIC IP!  Regards remote access though you still have to open ports which *should* also punch them through the firewall on the router and obviously create security issues.

Yeah I know you shouldn't need a static IP as i had it working with talktalk but Vodafone said it had to be a static IP 🤣 

I've got a similar issue here. Setup with a free DDNS provider compatible with the THG3000. Neither direct IP access or via the registered ddns name gets me the logon page for the router remotely. Has anyone else got this working?

DDNS alone will not get you access to the router or any services hosted on your network.  Once DDNS is up and working in some cases you can get away with uPnP opening up ports for services, but often you'll need to manually open up ports!

*Unless things have changed there is no means to set up the VF UK routers to allow external access to their WebUI.