Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transferring Land Line to Vodafone

sppakkar2010
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was aware that Vodafone offer no guarantees, which is why I spoke to them three times before the transfer took place and each time I was told my existing number could and would be ported.

According to Ofcom ...

"You can keep your existing landline telephone number when you switch if you want to. This is known as number 'porting'. If you want to keep your number, let the provider you wish to switch to know." ... and ...

"If you want to keep your existing landline number, let the provider you wish to switch to know. However, you may not be able to keep your existing landline number if you are switching landline provider at the same time as moving home."

I have switched from BT to TALKTALK no problem and now TalkTalk contract is finishing i want to transfer to Vodafone but apparently after 3 months today i have been told that my number [Removed] cannot be transfer to Vodafone and if i want vodafone service they will supply me new tel no.  I have spoked to TalkTalk and  they say there is no reason why my old number cannot be ported, but it would appear that Vodafone don't know how to do this.  Any suggestions that I can pass on to Vodafone would be very much appreciated.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @sppakkar2010

I can only but confirm what you already know as to the T&C's from Vodafone that they cannot guarantee that a landline number can be retained on switch. 

We must then as consumers make an informed decision wether to proceed or not knowing this to be a possible outcome. 

As this is an open public forum showing the number on your post isn't recommended. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

As you've already advised @sppakkar2010, we can't guarantee that you'll be able to keep your number; but we'll be more than happy to double check for you.

So our Broadband team can investigate further, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

I have given all the details on private message and i m still waiting for a reply.

I had been searching the net and very disappointed by seeing all the complains about Vodafone.

Landline No porting is such a basic for any  communication company  and i have been in contact with other Companies like onetel, plusnet  etc and they dont have any problem with Porting landline No.

i cant understand whats the big deal and if there is any hinderance from existing company as in my case Taktalk, i am willing to contact them and rectify whatever the issue being a hinderance in Number porting.

Also if Vodafone wants to charge me for Number porting i am willing to pay.

But i cannot accept this that number porting which is allowed by Ofcam cannot be done, if there is an issue there is always a solution.

I ported my Number from BT to TalkTalk no problem.

Please look into this as there are lot of other customers willing to join Vodaphone and u guys are discouraging them.

TJ

When you completed the form in the private message @sppakkar2010, we'll have sent you an automated reply via email that contains a reference number - it'll look something like this [#1234567].

Please provide us with this and we'll be more than happy to chase your number porting query up for you. 

Apparantly i have filled and reply private message 3-4 times, but i have not been send an email confirmation

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've not received an auto response, we've not received your email @sppakkar2010. Please check your junk/spam inbox for this.

If you're reply isn't there, please clear you cache and cookies before resending and be sure to follow the instructions provided in our private message.

I have checked my spam nothing when i sent message on private message i get confirmation on the screen saying we have treceived your email and will respond.  i have saved the screen capture, which i can provide u.

please check there is something wrong wth your sys tem  

also i have already provided all details of the problemon this forum and all u r asking me to message through private message which i have been doing for the last 5 days.

No response

Pathetic

HI.

I have also been caught in this dilema.

transfering from Talktalk and having just recieved the confirmation letter, it does not list my home number but a FTC number instead.. amd i requested my home number to be trasnferred on the inital request..!

now it seems i wll not know until 24h after my go live date!! which means if i wait i will loose my home numner if they cannot do it? 

so if i want to ensure i keep my number the only way is to cancel the contract, since i only have a limited time to revert back to talktalk to keep it!

surely thats not right?

mike

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As we'll need access to your account to investigate this @Biggles1998, please get in touch via this private message.

If you’ve not received an automated response @sppakkar2010 we’ve not received your email. Please clear your cache and cookies before submitting the form again. Please ensure you follow the instructions in our private message and the only information added to the email subject field is the routing code EFT195.