Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FTTP Connection to router

chrishutchin
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have signed up for Vodafone broadband. Our property is served by FTTP, however we have just taken ownership of the property and whilst there is a fibre there, it is not connected to anything. I think that the previous owners must have removed equipment when they left. I would like to know how to resolve this before my router arrives and the service is switched on. What equipment do I require and who supplies this - Vodafone or Openreach? Will Vodafone organise this with Openreach? 

Thanks if anyone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@chrishutchin wrote:

I have signed up for Vodafone broadband. Our property is served by FTTP, however we have just taken ownership of the property and whilst there is a fibre there, it is not connected to anything.

Do you mean there is a raw fibre just dangling there. If so the previous occupant's have stolen the ONT.

Just let Vodafone know you will definitely need an engineer visit, or they may just expect you to connect the router yourself.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar

This rather sounds like something that you will need to contact support about.  It's likely that an engineer will need to visit the property, but only customer services will really be able to help!

Jayach

@chrishutchin wrote:

I have signed up for Vodafone broadband. Our property is served by FTTP, however we have just taken ownership of the property and whilst there is a fibre there, it is not connected to anything.

Do you mean there is a raw fibre just dangling there. If so the previous occupant's have stolen the ONT.

Just let Vodafone know you will definitely need an engineer visit, or they may just expect you to connect the router yourself.

CrimsonLiar

FTTP: Fibre To The Property

FTP: File Transfer Protocol

The UK Vodafone router setup is probably different from the Australian one!

Ripshod

Spam. I don't need my driveway cleaning. Would be kinda expensive to use an Australian company.