Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty router 2.4 ghz

lee7771
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

For some reason the 2.4ghz wifi on the vodafone router failed on tuesday, the output is so weak no devices can connect to the 2.4ghz network. i have 2 devices that are 2.4ghz only on of them is located around 1.5m from the router and this no longer can connect.

I have been onto vodafone support and it seems it is impossible to get them to send me a replacement router, I have been onto the support for around 5 hours in total, spoken to 3 different level 1 support, the cancelation department, 1 level 2 support, and a manger (who failed to ring me back within the 24 hour time frame quoted) 

With the level 2 tech support person we tried a number of items including loading an older/special version of software onto the router that did allow to turn on and off the wifi band between both/5ghz and 2.4ghz (i know this is not usually allowed on the standard current version of router software) 

The outcome of this check was that when we had both bands enabled approximately 8 devices connected to 5ghz, when switched to 2.4ghz only nothing reconnected including the laptop i was logged into the router with. 

The other check i did was to use a mobile hotspot with the same ssid and password (while the router was turned off) placed this on the same shelf as the router and both the 2.4ghz devices were able to connect, i left this for a while and then turned the hotspot off and the router back on and the 2 devices could not connect to the router. 

Using a wifi scanner app on my phone i can see that if i scan right next to the router then i can pickup a very very very weak 2.4ghz signal, if i move 1m away and scan again there is no 2.4ghz signal. 

I dont know how much clearer i can be to explain the hardware is the issue. 

I have explained this to the manager and they still will not send out a replacement router to fix this issue, i have also had complaint raised to the next level. 

Has anyone else had this same level of frustration explaining time and again that the router is faulty but vodafone will not send a replacement one, it just seems totally ridiculous when just sending a replacement router would have solved the issue.  

3 REPLIES 3

Effie

Hey @lee7771 I hope you are doing well. I am genuinely sorry to hear about the issues you have been having and that this has not yet been resolved. If your complaint has been escalated, the Complaints team will do a thorough investigation and they will be able to send you out a new router if one is needed. 

Thanks Steph, I had a call from the complaints team earlier, a replacement router is being sent.

That's great to hear @lee7771 I'm really glad they've sent out a new one for you! Hopefully this fixes the issues you are having.